SASS Wire Forum

ROOP County Days - Thanks for attending, see ya next year

wyliefoxEsquire

The 23rd Annual Roop County Days as hosted by the Battle Born Rangers is now in the books.
Held in sunny Fernley, NV the competitors arrived from California, Nevada, Utah, Nebraska 
and points East (New England). A full third  participated in the seldom copied, often ignored, Tom Horn categories.
Rifle caliber rifles being used in all 12 main match stages. Smokeless or black powder, single shot 
or lever action, the rifle and shotgun reports and raucous approval of the challengers could be heard 
across the range.

Additionally, the club found a half dozen of the category winners and five of the top 17, from the SASS Western Regional at 
Chorro Valley had signed in. Old friendships and rivalries quickly came to the front, but all came 
with the away with the enjoyable exhilaration of stage by stage challenges as the two day's match
continued.

The evening between the days found banjo melodies by RW SASS 98351, Will Cooner SASS 59484 on spoons 
and Sanddab Sam SASS 9632 on washboard, drifting through the camp.

After the awards banquet and awards and the well filled raffle tables were cleared, 
the celebrations around the campfires flowed into the evening. 
Please find the results at northernnevadacas.com under BBR, see how close first and second place was, and consider joining us next year.
Oh and BTW, the banquets food the best is by far the best. 

Jeremiah Jonathan SASS 50325
Wylie Fox, Esq SASS 94735
Match Directors

The week of Roop County Days is one of the weeks I look forward to all year long. The camping and nightly pot luck suppers and the overall camaraderie cannot be found at any other shoots.  

The stages and caliber of competition this year was off the hook.  

The food was extraordinary as expected. 

The raffle was excellent my bride Gold Rush Allie cleaned up and we were amazed at the extra’s inside the “baskets” when we dug into them after we got home. 

I am already looking forward to next year. 

Flanigan Flats

Roop County Days was preceded by the Nevada State Wild Bunch Championship.

What a great week of shooting and hanging out with old, and new, friends.

This was my first time to Roop.  I was obligated to complete a mission.  Glad I did it.

Had a great time and look forward to next year, if I am not blackballed!

NN

Thank you all for joining Roop County Days this year!!

The stats have been posted at www.northernnevadacas.com

More info and pictures may be found on the Battle Born Rangers Facebook page!

We understand that there are many shoots to choose from,
so we wish to express a big Thanks for Joining us in 2019!!

See you down the trail!
Wylie Fox
Jeremiah Jonathan
and the crew

Archived