SASS Wire Forum

My New Shiloh Sharps

Cholla

This is the most expensive firearm I have ever bought but I feel like I got a good deal on it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/831406297

I look forward to getting it. Our new house in Arizona has a long range shooting range on it so hopefully I can come proficient enough to do it justice.

3 minutes ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

Do you have a load in mind?

Sure. Something that shoots like a laser out to 1,200 yards with the recoil of a .22 LR. Got any suggestions?

535 grn bullet, 25 grns 5744. 

200 yds. 

0BA8C43C-BF32-4A5C-8F4C-BC70A6595C48.jpeg

7 hours ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

338 Lapua

I'm having a hard time finding the sabots for that.

Beautiful rifle at a great price.  Enjoy!!!!!

2 hours ago, The Blarney Kid said:

Very nice. Once you get a good load worked up, you need to come up for the Quigley match in Forsyth, Mt. It's a real long range match. Ranges from 350 yds to 805 yds.

I saw that. I saw where the first stage was free-hand at 300+ yards. That's going to take some practice.

27 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I saw that. I saw where the first stage was free-hand at 300+ yards. That's going to take some practice.

OFS on the rifle. ;)

YES-go to the Q:excl:

It's one of the most fun shoots you will ever attend. BTDT

OLG

6 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OFS on the rifle. ;)

YES-go to the Q:excl:

It's one of the most fun shoots you will ever attend. BTDT

OLG

I assume OFS stands for Out ***** Standing and not Orange Free State. If that's the case, thanks! You're the reason I chose a Shiloh.

I am hoping that the sights are as high quality as the rifle.

I have been reading the Shiloh forums just to get an idea of what I have started.

My goal is to be able to compete in the long range matches at Winter Range 2021 which go out to around 500 yards.

I will not be traveling any long distances for anything like the Quigley match until our situation changes. My elderly FIL lives with us and is in poor health so short trips of a few hours is tops. WR will be about 2 hours away once we make the final move to Prescott this January so I hope to go down and get the lay of the land on 2020 and be ready in 2021.

Shiloh forum is a good place to visit. One can pick up info on just about anything BP , from brands of powder , successful bullet molds , lubes , paper patching , fouling control , etc.

There are some characters over there also. :lol:

Good luck , Rex :D

Archived