SASS Wire Forum

Sixgun Shorty

40Chev

Wish I did, he was a real source for Colts info!!

Ol'  #4

SS was (and probably still is) the best COLT man around.

I think he visits The Wire to read sometimes but makes no input.  

Wouldn't surprise me if he responds to this cause he always had a nature

to help folks.    I would also like to see him on The Wire again.

MISS YA SS!

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

I believe he posted something in the last year about a "dubious' vendor. ....maybe longer than year as times seems to get away from me these days. Yeah, yeah, I know, even in shooting a stages.

Hello The Wire

Sixgun Shorty here

I appreciate all the kind words from all my old SASS Pards!

Very nice of you!

Since my wife died over 5 years ago, I closed my gun business and surrendered my FFL Licenses.

Still living in Lake Tahoe but often visit Atlanta (where I am from) to see my daughter, granddaughter and my youngest brother who has cancer

Also to get the hell out of Tahoe in the winter, the last few years of which have been just awful! I spent all winter last year just moving snow around and freezing!

I've had both shoulders replaced, 8 shoulder surgeries, 4 back surgeries, 2 neck surgeries, and a hernia , but unbelievably except for a lot of pain which I am used to (NO painkillers of any kind!), My general health is excellent.

I still shoot pistols at the range, but can't shoot long guns any heavier caliber than .22's and .223....My shoulders can't take it. I Had to give up pheasant hunting entirely which was my passion, hunting wise.

Still have all my old cowboy gear and guns, and a lot of Colt 1911's and SAA's which I still collect though at 72 I don't know why!

I'm unfortunately, not current on Colt's status now, although an old friend of mine is now President of Colt

I have only fond memories of my many years shooting SASS and all the incredible friends I made in SASS...Yes, even you Snakebite ! hahahahaha..I really miss the fun we had at the shoots..Shot a lot of matches with old Snakebite! And most all of you as well. Great times indeed and great memories! Ol #4, JD, All of you were such good friends and had so much fun with you all at the matches! 

Widder was right, I do take a peek at the Wire occasionally, and Alie Mo  e mailed me about this thread which is extremely flattering, touching and probably undeserved!

I would still be happy to help anyone in SASS with any Colt questions, though as stated, I am not up to current policies regarding Colt these days.

I will probably begin selling my Colt collection soon...A bunch of Series 70 and older 1911's and huge assortment of Colt SAA's including some real rarities of all 3 generations

Just can't seem to part with them yet!

Also going to be selling my antique motorcycle collection, including my 1948 Indian Chief, 67 Triumph Bonneville, Harleys,  (all museum quality and original),  and my 1969 Camaro Z 28 302 that I have been showing in numerous car shows to stay busy since I can't shoot competitively any longer..Never was THAT competitive anyway! hahahhaha..But not a bad RO! I gave my original 1993 Dodge Viper to my daughter for her 40th birthday

But I do want to thank all my old SASS Pards and thank you particularly for remembering me...I just got back from a trip to visit my family in Atlanta

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any Colt questions or if I can help you in any way..I'm afraid I don't remember every detail of the old Colts like I used to, but I'm not brain dead ….Yet! Just older!

Thank you so much for All my Old Pards kindness and for remembering Me ..Nothing is more valuable to me than that!

God Bless All  and Thank you so much!

Hey Mike….Thanks for remembering...It was and still is tough remembering that period!

I am in Atlanta frequently..maybe we can get together sometime..I also have friends I visit in Talapoosa and Macon

Good to hear from ya', Shorty!!  Glad to hear you're getting along!!  TN Stud says howdy too!!

9 hours ago, Sixgun Shorty, SASS #35717 Life said:

Hello The Wire

Sixgun Shorty here

I appreciate all the kind words from all my old SASS Pards!

Very nice of you!

Since my wife died over 5 years ago, I closed my gun business and surrendered my FFL Licenses.

Still living in Lake Tahoe but often visit Atlanta (where I am from) to see my daughter, granddaughter and my youngest brother who has cancer

Also to get the hell out of Tahoe in the winter, the last few years of which have been just awful! I spent all winter last year just moving snow around and freezing!

I've had both shoulders replaced, 8 shoulder surgeries, 4 back surgeries, 2 neck surgeries, and a hernia , but unbelievably except for a lot of pain which I am used to (NO painkillers of any kind!), My general health is excellent.

I still shoot pistols at the range, but can't shoot long guns any heavier caliber than .22's and .223....My shoulders can't take it. I Had to give up pheasant hunting entirely which was my passion, hunting wise.

Still have all my old cowboy gear and guns, and a lot of Colt 1911's and SAA's which I still collect though at 72 I don't know why!

I'm unfortunately, not current on Colt's status now, although an old friend of mine is now President of Colt

I have only fond memories of my many years shooting SASS and all the incredible friends I made in SASS...Yes, even you Snakebite ! hahahahaha..I really miss the fun we had at the shoots..Shot a lot of matches with old Snakebite! And most all of you as well. Great times indeed and great memories! Ol #4, JD, All of you were such good friends and had so much fun with you all at the matches! And Billy Boots...Didn't I have to DQ you once at Winter Range? my memory sucks, but I think it was you, many years ago! Sorry, Billy..You were always such a great friend to me at all the Shoots we were at together!

Widder was right, I do take a peek at the Wire occasionally, and Alie Mo  e mailed me about this thread which is extremely flattering, touching and probably undeserved!

I would still be happy to help anyone in SASS with any Colt questions, though as stated, I am not up to current policies regarding Colt these days.

I will probably begin selling my Colt collection soon...A bunch of Series 70 and older 1911's and huge assortment of Colt SAA's including some real rarities of all 3 generations

Just can't seem to part with them yet!

Also going to be selling my antique motorcycle collection, including my 1948 Indian Chief, 67 Triumph Bonneville, Harleys,  (all museum quality and original),  and my 1969 Camaro Z 28 302 that I have been showing in numerous car shows to stay busy since I can't shoot competitively any longer..Never was THAT competitive anyway! hahahhaha..But not a bad RO! I gave my original 1993 Dodge Viper to my daughter for her 40th birthday

But I do want to thank all my old SASS Pards and thank you particularly for remembering me...I just got back from a trip to visit my family in Atlanta

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any Colt questions or if I can help you in any way..I'm afraid I don't remember every detail of the old Colts like I used to, but I'm not brain dead ….Yet! Just older!

Thank you so much for All my Old Pards kindness and for remembering Me ..Nothing is more valuable to me than that!

God Bless All  and Thank you so much!

Missed meeting up with you when I was in Reno!!!!!

Shorty,

Thanks for bringing us up to speed on you life.

Sorry for all your pain physical and emotional.

Stay with us old timers here for awhile, we miss your comments!

By The Way,  The Bonny?  let me know....

Ol'  #4

Good to hear from you Shorty, was wondering about the Viper. I can commiserate with you on the shoulder, as I've had both of mine replaced. Looks like I need some work on the right one. Having a dye contrasted CT scan next week, doc thinks I need to change the rt one to a reverse joint as my rotator cuff is gone. Hell to get old aint it!

Take care my friend.

Shorty I never talked to you but thanks for the Colt info you have posted in the past. I've learned quite a bit from you! Hope all is well!

Just to add a note. I consider Shorty a friend. He has been very kind to me. I really enjoyed my visit with him, Dee (:(), and Doc Manos one winter

About Colts, I've not used Shorty's expertise; but I only shoot Colt SAAs and 1911s. So, he knows a good product.

40chev is here at gunsmoke. I'll let him know you responded.  I believe he's looking for a saa  from a specific year to fill out a set

Great to hear from you Shorty.  Always a wealth of knowledge.  I appreciate all the advice you have given over the years.

SS,

I had a lot fun 10-15 years ago with our banter back and forth about Colt's and USFA's. Glad to hear you're doing okay. You've been a great educator for the Colt's over the years and I really appreciate it. FYI, I collect Colts now. Haha

Take care,

Long Hunter

SS ;

Good ta hear you is still on the Green side of da grass ,,,,, You Stubborn ole Goat :P...

Some here on the Wire enjoyed pulling your Chain ..........

Check in on us once in a while ...

Jabez Cowboy

Sixgun Shorty, I've never had the pleasure of meeting you or visiting with you but I want to offer you an invitation.  Cherokee Gun Club (Cherokee Cowboys) shoot the 4th Saturday every month and is located in Gainesville GA, about 55 miles northeast of Atlanta and I am the match director there.  If you find yourself in Atlanta the 4th Saturday of a month I'd invite you to come on out and visit with us.  If you're game I have plenty of ammo and a variety of lever action rifles in .22, .357 and 45LC and several pairs of single action pistols in .22, .357 and 45LC with leather that you can use and we'd let you shoot the match for free.  We'd make any accommodations that you'd need to shoot the match so you could join in the fun. I also have the shotgun if you can shoot it.  At any rate we'd love to have you come out and join us.

There are also other gun clubs around Atlanta that shoot the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Saturday of every month so there's one within driving distance of Atlanta every Saturday..  I shoot at most of them and I'd provide you with the same guns and ammo if you'd like to shoot there. If you want more info on them let me know.

Krazy Kajun

Sixgun...you are an undeserved gift to so many of us, even those that have not met you in person.  Your personality, and character, and helpfulness, did shine through the cyber pages of this S.A.S.S. Wire.  Many of us think of you, with fond memories.  The passing of time won't ever change that. Most folks make a difference in this life.  Some, make a positive difference, like you.  Your insight and knowledge, toward the newbies, and younger crowd, made you a positive role model to more than you will ever know.  I wish we could all say that.  It is great to hear from you, and really great to know you still look on the Wire, from time to time.  I often wondered if you did.  Take care of yourself, and check in with us, once in a while, if you have the time, and the inclination.  The welcome mat is always out for you.

Yer Ole Saddle Pal...

W.K. 

Will Shorty the wife is still PO at you for ordering set of nickel (bad nickeled) .44 Colt 5 1/2" with a .44 sp cylinder.  You walked me though ordering a pair of very collectible Colts and started my Colt collection.  Wish you were still shooting SASS and posting on the wire.  And it sure sucks to get old and lose your best friend that keep you grounded. Hope god looks after you for very many more years

Thanks  to all for  the very kind albeit likely undeserved  thanks and  kudos 

Really  nice to  hear  from so many of my old pards

I wish I could still shoot SASS but afraid I’m just too beat up 

Krazy, looks like I may buy a condo in Atlanta for the winters .. thanks for the invite but just can’t shoot anymore due to my shoulders and rheumatoid arthritis 

I’ll always spend Spring and summer in Tahoe but need to spend winters in Atlanta 

ti spend  more time with my family avd cause it’s just too hard living here in the Sierras in the winter !

ol Nimber 4: please contact me about my 67 Bonnie if interested ... it’s perfect and 100% original 

I bought it at a Bonhams auction in Vegas

Best 67 in the US ... mint original 

Doc Manos.. il call you this weekend 

Special thanks to Allie Mo fir reconnecting me to the Wire 

Once again, my sincere thanks for all the kindness 

I’ll always cherish my years in SASS and the extraordinary friends I was fortunate to 

make 

Thank you all !

Suxgun 

Archived