SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Shoot?

Purdy Good

EOT is my "top of the list" shoot, with a close second to WR.   

CAC is, no doubt, hard to not be top on anyone's "small club" annuals followed by, in no particular order,  Shootin In The Shade at Hot Springs, The Great Spaghetti Western by Texas TenHorns near Leonard, TX  and any special shoot at Red River Cowpokes near Albany, OK (SouthWest Showdown aka Oklahoma State Championships and Shootin for the Brand).

On my want- to list would be On the Border at Ft Smith, Hellfire, and Black Gold.

45 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

and any special shoot at Red River Cowpokes near Albany, OK (SouthWest Showdown aka Oklahoma State Championships and Shootin for the Brand).

They started up pretty much as I stopped shooting.

Got to hit Shootin for the Brand once I started back.

And they are going to be on my must hit list anytime they are having one.

The food alone at Shooting for the Brand was worth going. 

My current favorite is the Western Regional at Chorro Valley Regulators' venue near Morro Bay. There is nothing like Morro Bay in August. It is cool and the restaurants have great seafood! The match is very unique. One of the MDs has been around since "the old days" and the match has that flavor.

I also like Double R Bar in Lucerne Valley. They have the best props I've ever seen. They will host the CA State match next year. I'm looking forward to that.

I thoroughly enjoyed the US Open in Sparta. T-Bone Dooley and Mose were the MDs. I think that range hosted the Illinois State this year.

On my list are Comin' Atcha and Black Gold.

Billy Boots and Allie Mo, we would love to have you both at Black Gold. You will differently add it to you list each year.

In 2 years of shooting at various places, my favorite so far is the Cavalier Cowboys annual club match in Montpelier, Virginia. Great bunch of people, great stages, live entertainment Saturday night and good food.

Archived