SASS Wire Forum

32 Winchester Special Bullet

Wichita Belle

I have 85 out of a 100 of the 32caliber, 170gr. .321 fine point.

If some one wants  them just have to pay the shipping fee.

How much I don't know. Box weighs 2-3# according to my regular Scale.

If you want them lei me know & I'll find out how much to ship.

They are in excellent shape.

Jackrabbit

9 hours ago, Grass Range said:

Those pointed bullets in a tube magazine?

One in the chamber and one in the magazine will handle most hunting situations.

Duffield

As you probably know, if used for hunting in California, they must not have any lead in them. If you can't find any solid copper bullets, you can cast you own using Bismuth. They are a little less in weight for any given Lead casting, but they work and are acceptable for hunting in California. I did this for my 38-55. When I sent in the spec for approval to the Dept of Fish and Game, they put me on their list as a manufacturer. Well, I am not a manufacturer. Since they have me listed, I've received plenty of contacts wanting the bullets... what a pain! You can buy a chunk of Bismuth on ebay sometimes for a decent price. Trying to use Shot is too expensive. The bullets are very brittle and you must be carful with using too tight of a crimp... but they do work. Another thing that is nice to know.... they look like a lead bullet. The Game wardens have no way to test them and would be hard pressed if they denied your claim that they were Bismuth and not lead. 

Snakebite

21 hours ago, Lazy Eeyour said:

You may want to view here

https://hammerbullets.com/shop/page/7/

Paper jacket the 0.308" diameter 143gr "Lever Hammer" bullets. 

Two wraps of slightly moistened 25% cotton airmail paper will shrink to 0.015" overall thickness.  (.308 + .015 = .323.) More wraps of thinner onion skin may or may not get you closer to 0.321", I've never used onion skin. Assuming 0.321" is the actual grove diameter of your rifle.  Always "fun" to patch small diameter bullets!

Reference Paul Mathews, "The Paper Jacket"; a good read.

Archived