SASS Wire Forum

Just finished shooting the Roop County Days Match

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

Well, I just finished this match way out in Nevada, and I had a great time.   I was using my 30" 97, 2nd Gen Colt with with the 7.5" barrel, the Restoration of old Fort Des Moines commemorative Colt with the gold finish and wooley mammoth ivory grips, and my 1891 vintage 86 in 45-70.  Using that gun put me in the "Tom Horn Smokeless Repeater" category.   I had a lot of fun.   How much fun, you may wonder.   This much fun...

IMG_0876.JPG 

I choose to believe that there were at least 4 people shooting this category...

Howdy Uriah,

We were all very honored that you choose RCD as one of your stopping points along your cross county trip.

The weather was very good, the shooters were great.

Give me a few days and we will be posting all the results.

Again, many thanks for spending your time with us.

-wylie

7 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Uriah failed to mention he was shooting brass 12 gauge in his 97 shotgun. I was his Posse Marshal. Several times I had to tell him "you're smiling too much" :D

Ike

Been doin' that fer years.   It started out as a way to make sure I got my shotshells back for reloading.   Back home, most guys don't reload shotgun for some reason, so I was always having to ask the brass pickers to pick 'em up.   With these they do it automatically.   It was especially fun when the three or four I had loaded with black power got randomly inserted into my gun and when kaboom instead of the usual smokeless ones.

Archived