SASS Wire Forum

SKB gunsmith

Marshal Fire, SASS 10064

So there are some great guys working miracles and magic on shotguns. 

In addition to those mentioned, try Lefty Wheeler of Wheeler Gunworks in Texas

13 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Pretty sure he only does SKB’s. PM sent.

My suggestion for Baikal work is Texas Gunslinger or Boomstick

7 minutes ago, Oklahoma Dee said:

So there are some great guys working miracles and magic on shotguns. 

In addition to those mentioned, try Lefty Wheeler of Wheeler Gunworks in Texas

He sure does great work on 73s, no doubt if working on shotguns, the work would be superb.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:31 PM, Marshal Fire, SASS 10064 said:

If you had a SKB 100 shotgun in the original configuration and wanted it set up for cowboy action what gunsmith would you use and why?

thanks in advance 

Some additional information that may impact your decision.  The original SKB's came with inertia trigger to change from one barrel to the other.  Unless you chose to push to barrel indicator from side to side.  Mechanical trigger came into the game and seem to be a major desire of at least half of those using the SKB sxs shotguns, both the 100 and the 200e. 

Some gunsmiths that have had their name mentioned here, only do inertia setup. 

Some gunsmiths only do the mechanical setup.  I think I knew of two that did both, but not sure if they still do them.

So, you may want to try both setups in a match, through friends, if available, before making a decision.

In either case, what ever you chose, ask questions about what they feel is the best for your shotgun and your upside of the game.

Good luck and happy trails.

Fast Eddie does both - country AND western.  :D 

Gunslinger is a good choice for the Baikel as is that 92 fella, Kiowa Nate...

And Lefty, 3 Gun and several others.

We are blessed.

4 hours ago, Oklahoma Dee said:

Some additional information that may impact your decision.  The original SKB's came with inertia trigger to change from one barrel to the other.  Unless you chose to push to barrel indicator from side to side.  Mechanical trigger came into the game and seem to be a major desire of at least half of those using the SKB sxs shotguns, both the 100 and the 200e. 

Some gunsmiths that have had their name mentioned here, only do inertia setup. 

Some gunsmiths only do the mechanical setup.  I think I knew of two that did both, but not sure if they still do them.

So, you may want to try both setups in a match, through friends, if available, before making a decision.

In either case, what ever you chose, ask questions about what they feel is the best for your shotgun and your upside of the game.

Good luck and happy trails.

Eddie leaves the inertial reset untouched and adds a small device that provides the mechanical reset, or at least that’s how he used to do it.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:48 PM, Krazy Kajun said:

I shoot with Fast Eddie almost every Saturday throughout the year and he told me he preferred to not have his contact info provided publicly. I've sent PMs to anyone who has asked on this thread.  There are any number of folks here on the Wire who also have his contact info, I am not his agent! :lol:

I'm just following what Fast Eddie told me to do.  Fast Eddie is also on the Wire but he doesn't post very often.  He does have a profile here on the Wire and you can send him a PM directly if you prefer to.

Kajun

How come you NEVER do what I ask?  :ph34r:  

Fast Eddie is OUTSTANDING!  I’ve got 2 100s he did.

#ScarlettLovedKajunEvenIfHeDoesntListen

hugs!

Scarlett

Our SKB's are all Johnny Meadows and just plain fantastic. Although for me I still prefer my 1897 Winchester. My other half uses & loves her SKB's.

Thanks Pappy

On 9/14/2019 at 4:45 PM, Caboose said:

I believe Johnny plans to be back up taking in work sometime after the first of the year. He is the process of moving his shop now.

Johnny is as good as it gets.  I wanted him to put a mechanical trigger selector in my 200E and he talked me out of it.  (Money out of his pocket!)  Told me I didn't shoot enough nor was I fast enough to need it done.

How's that for integrity.  He's also pretty quick and not all that expensive....shotguns, lever action long guns.  Haven't has occasion to have him do any other work for me.....yet.

• 2 months later...

As far as who is the best. Our pick is Johnny Meadows. Got two from Johnny  Meadows been 8-9 years & never any problems. If something was to go wrong, we know Johnny can fix them.

Archived