SASS Wire Forum

SKB gunsmith

Marshal Fire, SASS 10064

36 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

Johnny Meadows. He’s done four of them for me over the years. All ran flawlessly until I caused them not to. He then got them back up and running in the blink of an eye. 

All that that being said, he might have just retired. :(

I believe Johnny plans to be back up taking in work sometime after the first of the year. He is the process of moving his shop now.

Wife & I each have 2 SKB's = 4 by Fast Eddie. The backups never get any air time because the main match 200's never break. I'm sure there are others who do quality work, but I wouldn't have any reason to use anybody else.

I am currently shooting two Fast Eddie SKBs. Both flawless.  He calls himself an SKB mechanic, I think he's an SKB magician. 

I had and sold a Johnny Meadows SKB. It was fabulous, too and I liked the hold open feature. But he is moving, told me he might start up in a very limited capacity after his move. Not sure when that might happen. 

Given JM is getting out of the business, I'd go back to Fast Eddie for another. Actually have another virgin 100 in the safe...

I have a few Fast Eddie SKBs at my house.  I've never had to press my back up gun into service.  I've shot my main match SKB almost every Saturday at a match for the last 4 or 5 years and it still functions flawlessly.

Driftwood Dan, I sent you a PM with Fast Eddie's contact information.

Kajun

If you had a SKB 100 shotgun in the original configuration and wanted it set up for cowboy action what gunsmith would you use and why?

Unless your believe you'll drop 20 seconds off your times and win belt buckles .... leave the SKB original

Hi Marshall Fire,

Shotgun Boogie also does a great job on setting up an SKB for Cowboy Action shooting.  Typically he will shorten the barrel to your desired length, add a bead, hone/funnel the chambers, install mechanical triggers, and adjust the lever (including a quick and smooth release).  

It is worth having an a SKB expert work on your shotgun. Doesn’t matter if you are fast or slow shooter.  A shotgun that has been worked on by the experts mentioned in these posts will be a pleasure to use and will help to reduce your stage times by making it easier to open, load, and shuck. As a result, transitions can also be smoother/faster. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Best Regards,

Photo Shooter

Got sloop in my used 100. Fast Eddy did his magic and no sloop with mechanicall trigger. If I can remember to aim it is the best.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2019 at 6:31 PM, Marshal Fire, SASS 10064 said:

If you had a SKB 100 shotgun in the original configuration and wanted it set up for cowboy action what gunsmith would you use and why?

thanks in advance 

Can I get  fast Eddie's info also?

Thanks, Twin

44 minutes ago, Twin SASS#9553 said:

Can I get  fast Eddie's info also?

Thanks, Twin

Sent you a PM with his contact info

Kajun

Gee, Cajun is there a reason to not to just put in information on the wire.  I would be interested in contact information as well.  Although I still use a 97.

1 hour ago, twelve mile REB said:

Gee, Cajun is there a reason to not to just put in information on the wire.  I would be interested in contact information as well.  Although I still use a 97.

I shoot with Fast Eddie almost every Saturday throughout the year and he told me he preferred to not have his contact info provided publicly. I've sent PMs to anyone who has asked on this thread.  There are any number of folks here on the Wire who also have his contact info, I am not his agent! :lol:

I'm just following what Fast Eddie told me to do.  Fast Eddie is also on the Wire but he doesn't post very often.  He does have a profile here on the Wire and you can send him a PM directly if you prefer to.

Kajun

We just shot the Southeast Regional on a posse with Fast Eddie. We discovered that everyone on the posse shooting a side by side was shooting a Fast Eddie SKB.

3 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I shoot with Fast Eddie almost every Saturday throughout the year and he told me he preferred to not have his contact info provided publicly. I've sent PMs to anyone who has asked on this thread.  There are any number of folks here on the Wire who also have his contact info, I am not his agent! :lol:

I'm just following what Fast Eddie told me to do.  Fast Eddie is also on the Wire but he doesn't post very often.  He does have a profile here on the Wire and you can send him a PM directly if you prefer to.

Kajun

That's a very good reason.  Thanks for sharing the information

3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Pretty sure he only does SKB’s. PM sent.

Mr. Captain is correct, he only does SKB's

Archived