SASS Wire Forum

A Sad Time For Me

DocWard

My hand on your shoulder, my friend.

You've been blessed with a wonderful mother in law, and you were able to communicate this to her.

Well done.

I too will be standing up on my Prayer Bones for your mother in law, for yourself, and your family.

I'm not a religious person, but I believe that we all will face challenges.  How we face them defines us.  Your wife is in pain, you are saddened by that, but she is, actually, glad that you are there to help her through it.  Your connection will only become stronger for that.  Your Mother in Law sounds like a great lady,  sorrow at her plight is understandable, but take pride and joy in the knowledge that you have enriched each others lives and that she knows her daughter is in good hands.

I learned from my Grandmother and my mother both that happiness is a choice.  It is a hard lesson to learn and apply in life, but when you can choose how you feel the effort is worthwhile.

I choose happiness.  I hope you'll join me before too long in that choice.

Until then, if I can offer an outlet, I will listen.

Beth passed away peacefully just before 10:00 a.m. this morning.

Too everyone that posted, I am appreciative of your thoughts, comments, and the prayers of those who have offered them. To those who made comments that were suggesting religious options to me, I do appreciate your thoughts and suggestions, and know they come from a good place in your hearts.

It has been a long few days, and there will be some long days ahead, but without the sense of urgency. @J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE , your words offer wisdom, and I know that Beth would be disappointed if we didn't move forward, happily, and together. So, we will grieve, we will remember her, her humor, her intellect, and the advice that she gave freely when it was sought, and only occasionally when it wasn't but was sorely needed. I believe lives well lived, and in my case caring for her daughter and granddaughters to the best of my ability are the best ways to honor her memory.

Prayers of comfort to you and your family during this difficult time.  My wife and I just went through this very same thing, we where blessed to have the time we did with her before she went to be with the Lord.  

God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the soul of Thy departed servant in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which she had committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servants who have fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, who is from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen.

Grant rest eternal in blessed repose, o Lord, to Thy departed servant, Beth, and make her memory to be eternal. 

So very sorry.

During my sunrise walk with the dog, I try to keep things right with the Man Upstairs. Thanking Him for blessings, asking for guidance and comfort for friends and family, and remembering those that are being challenged extra hard by circumstances life has thrown at them.

We will be talking about you and your family tomorrow.

God bless.

Archived