SASS Wire Forum

A Sad Time For Me

DocWard

I know I'm typically a somewhat private person on here. I enjoy the escape the site offers from reality, and what goes on. On occasion though, I just feel the need to vent, to express my pains, frustrations, and grief. Today is one of those days.

The past month and a half haven't been easy. Mrs. Doc crushed her toe... As in, when I first saw it, I worried she might lose it. Six weeks later and it isn't healing the way it should. Only a few days later, her mother was diagnosed with stage four cancer. I am writing from my mother-in-law's home, trying to stay out of the way for the moment as the hospice nurse, Mrs. Doc and her sister are in with her giving her medication and helping her do those things that only a short time ago she was able to do herself.

Over the past thirty years, my mother-in-law, Beth has treated me as a son every bit as much as my father-in-law did. I don't believe I could be any closer to her if she were my own mother. In all honesty, up until my mother's death, I would have to sadly admit I was closer to Beth. Unfortunately, for all of her kind and gentle spirit, my mother didn't know how to relate to me as she did my siblings. Truth be told, I struggled to relate to her as well. Yes, I realize I digress.

The pain Mrs. Doc and my daughters feel is my pain as well. If there is a positive, it is that I have been able to let Beth know, while she was still coherent, that I have been fortunate and thankful to have her in my life.

Those who know me here know my own religious inclinations. They also know that I recognize the friendship, good will and caring that comes from the positive energy of prayers. Since I know they will come, I will state my appreciation for them in advance. Beth is certainly a Christian, within the best meanings of the word, charitable and gracious to others.

I believe I've said enough. The screen is getting somewhat blurry. Thanks for reading, and again, thanks for all kind thoughts.

Thank you for telling us this, and reaching out to your friends here, Doc.
I offer this for Beth:

O Almighty God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we pray to You for Your servant Beth whose sickness is bringing her to the end of her earthly life. You are the God whose only-begotten Son taught us that not even the smallest sparrow can fall without Your knowledge, and that You hold all creation in Your merciful arms. Look upon Your servant Beth and allow this illness to be for the death only of those things which are the result of evil and sin. Let her thoughts be quieted with the peace and confidence of her final deliverance into the fullness of Your love. Keep her soul and body pure, and sanctify them during the time she remains among us, that on the last day she may be raised up with all Your saints to live with You in neverending glory. For to You belong praise and worship, to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen

Outward bound prayers for your mother-in-law, her family and friends, and for you in this time of trial.

Peace and understanding for you and yours.

Doc, I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong for your wife and her family. 

I probably don’t need to tell you that, but...

Prayers UP

I have been so low today that I would need a ladder to climb out of the depression that I’m in

Your problems make mine seem insignificant. I will be praying for peace and contentment in your home your family and your heart 

38 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

I have been so low today that I would need a ladder to climb out of the depression that I’m in

Your problems make mine seem insignificant. I will be praying for peace and contentment in your home your family and your heart 

I thank you and I’ll keep you in my thoughts, hoping things improve.

One of the advantages of aging is the wisdom and the ability to withstand and survive adversity and tragedies.

But one of the problems of aging is that the older we get the more tragedy we have to withstand.

You and your loved ones will be in my thoughts. :(

Prayers of comfort to you and your family.  Your MIL is blessed to have had you tell her how much she means to you.  You are blessed to have a great relationship with her.

Doc, Sending up prayers for you, your wife and mother in law. I know how you feel I think, my MIL treated me as her son as well and she is sorely missed these days. Again, Prayers up for you and your family.

I'll be spending the night tonight at my mother-in-law's home with Mrs. Doc and her siblings. I don't know what the night holds, but I don't believe I will get much sleep tonight as we await what is to come. I'm sure it is only a matter of time.

Prayers of comfort for you, your wife, and her siblings. Prayers of faith and courage for your MIL. 

I've been blessed with two great MIL's. Lost my first thru divorce, the second passed away. I know how close you can be. About to go talk to The Boss, will lift up you and yours. Don't mean to preach, but you just crack the door Jesus will come in. But He won't kick the door down.

Su Amigo,

JHC

Archived