SASS Wire Forum

CCW Discussion, Suggestions, Bragging, Complaining, Discourse, Etcetera...

Pat Riot

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I tried to check out the R51... but it seems that's another one we're not allowed to buy in california.   <_<

I know where you can get one cheap. You’d have to have it transferred. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, my CCW list has changed. (It will probably change again ;))

I am thinking;

Glock  26

S&W 60 Pro

S&W 442

A lot depends on how well I shoot the new Glock which I think will be just fine.

edited to say I need to proofread better...maybe I should turn off auto communist...

You all need to check out the November issue of Guns and Ammo.  Starting on page 62 they rate all 50 sates and DC for gun friendliness.  It's a real eye opener.

I have lived in 11 states and visited 48 plus DC.  Only three states that I called "home" were  in the top ten desirable places to live and three were in the worst ten.  I spent 40 years in #47 and now live in #1.

That ain't bragging, folks, that's a very good reason to never live in any except the top two, also great places for reasons that have nothing to do with guns

Well Illinois has been a mixed bag - more bad than good. The following is for the majority of the state as there are some extra restrictions in Chicago and environs. Illinois was the last state to get concealed carry - open and concealed carry were banned. We got concealed carry after a court ruled that the state could not ban all carrying and had to legalize either open or concealed carry as the state law banning carry was ruled unconstitutional - the court gave the state about a year to pass a law that allowed legal carry or the court would just invalidate the then current law totally and anybody could carry any gun the wanted however they wanted. That freaked out the Chicago democrats and back then there were enough blue dog southern Illinois democrats and gun rights supporting Rino's in the collar counties around Chicago to hold the Chicago democrats hostage to passing a shall issue law that overall wasn't awful- can carry anywhere not posted legally - churches - bar-grills that had more than 50 percent revenue from sources other than alcohol- work and schools had to allow guns in cars even if they banned carry - no limit on pistols you could carry - statewide pre-emption law that made carry legal in chicago and allowed people in Chicago with a CCW to own firearms/pistols they previously couldn't have owned. 

The bad - it's expensive - the state takes forever to process applications even though the law supposedly limits that. We still have to have FOID cards which are a state license to own, hold, or possess any firearm - and Illinois does not recognize any other states concealed carry license - they also will only issue an out of state license to individuals in about 5 or so other states and then they charge double for the license. Chicago managed to get concealed carry banned on public transportation and in city and Cook county parks. 

So downstate isn't too bad for the moment. Illinois gun owners are in for a world of hurt shortly as soon a the Democrat run house, senate, and governnor get done passing all their tax bills. They already ran over half the states gun dealers out of business with a state licensing scheme. And they have on the agenda assault weapons bans, magazine bans, ammo bans, and registration requirements. So we will be in hell shortly. There is a gun sancturary movement in the state - about 2/3 rds of counties have already passed resolutions saying they will not recognize or enforce unconstitutional gun laws - such as assault weapons and magazine bans - etc.... And many county Sheriffs and county States attys are going on record to state they will not enforce or prosecute such laws in their jurisdictions. 

Still the only hope is if the Supreme Court ever gets off their butts and rules assault weapon and magazine bans unconstitutional and bearing and thus carrying a right. I'm not holding my breath for  that as I believe that Roberts is a no swing vote on that, which is why the court hasn't ruled on any significant 2nd amendment case in over a decade. 

Seems there are two countries in the US - one rural and one suburban/urban - and we seem to be becoming more and more irreconcilable every year. 

Thanks Raylan. 

Out of the top 10 states in that list I can only see 2 that I would consider moving to from here. Arizona and Texas. No offense to the others but I do not intend to retire anyplace that isn’t sunny and warm. I have had enough of crappy winters and unless I win the lottery I will not be a snowbird. 

4 hours ago, Raylan said:

Seems there are two countries in the US - one rural and one suburban/urban - and we seem to be becoming more and more irreconcilable every year. 

I have been saying this for years. There will come a time where this will have to be addressed. I fear it will not happen in polite settings. 

Here’s a new CCW gunn on the market. The Springfield Armory Hellcat (cool name - I hope it can live up to it)

Perhaps it’s Glock 26 competition? I probably won’t see it in this state. 

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/the-new-springfield-armory-hellcat-osp-review/

9 hours ago, Raylan said:

Here is the Guns and Ammo states rankings for 2018 - couldn't find 2019 - 

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/best-states-for-gun-owners-2018/327233

mine came in the mail just yesterday.  Wait for it.  Some changes, not really very many.  

Numbers one, two, and seven are the only ones that concern me.  One and two because they are great places to live and seven because I still have a LOT of family there.

Nevada used to be you had to list and qualify with every gun you wanted to carry. Now its qualify with one of something, 5 rounds at 3/5/7 yards. No checking to see if you hit anything. And then you can carry anything with no listing for anything.

Ike

Their very wrong about Pa. We have and have always had a strong preemption law. And our Constitution leaves no ambiguity concerning the right to keep and bare arms.

6C7CF700-B921-472B-8266-71D1DC90E938.jpeg

I split my time between SD and AZ, my main CCW guns are in order, 

Sig 365 9mm

Kimber Solo 9mm

S&W 638 38 Spec

Keltec 380

all are fed with Liberty Civil Defense ammo https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/ammo-test-liberty-ammunition-civil-defense-9mm-45-acp/

Contrary to a lot of negative reports my Solo feeds everything I have fed it and I like it's smooth rounded edges., the Sig holds 10 or 12 rounds in the magazine, the Solo 7 or 8.  I have a CCW permit from both SD and AZ although not needed. My SD permit is $10 for 5 years, you stop at your local police station, fill out a short form pay $10 and a week later you go pick it up. AZ permit allows me to carry in a couple more states and they don't call in the 4473. I plan on getting the inhanced SD permit this fall which will allow me to carry in MN since I frequently go there.

Archived