SASS Wire Forum

Charged with Petty theft at most?

45 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That is cool, but only because it is neither my dog nor my dinner table.

If it was my dog, taking food off my table, he would be beat severely.

Only if you beat him with a wet noodle.:lol:

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

That is cool, but only because it is neither my dog nor my dinner table.

If it was my dog, taking food off my table, he would be beat severely.

My dog understands 'NO", and would never do it again.  She's a timid little beastie unless you're a cat anywhere or a stranger coming onto her turf.

55 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

My dog understands 'NO", and would never do it again.

As old as that dog looked, and as sneaky as he was --- he's been told NO before.

30 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

How could you beat a dog as cute as that one??? :blink:

The only dog I could beat is one that’s attacking me.

Years ago we had a black lab pit bull mix named Blue. 

One day I caught him on his hind legs with his paws on the counter licking the butter in the butter dish. (my wife left the cover off...again). I caught him and yelled at him but specifically said “Keep your paws off the counter! NO! Bad boy!” Then I chased him outside.  

The next day I hear this funny noise, go in the kitchen and there’s Blue standing on his hind legs, front legs splayed out in the weirdest way and he’s licking the butter again. But he wasn’t touching the counter.

I laughed so hard...I couldn’t scold him. It was hilarious. 

We just learn to work around (some of) our kitties' "bad habits." For example, Gigi loves water no matter where she finds it. Hubby would fill a glass with ice water and leave it on the counter or table. Gigi would put her paw in it and then lick her paw. Now, Hubby leaves his water glass in the refrigerator. 

She also insists (yells at us) that we turn the faucet on for her to drink from. She likes to either drink directly from it or stick her paw in the water stream and lick her paw. She will also sit on a hole in drip line outside and stick her paw in the hole next to it to get water.

We have a dog who will steal sausages off the counter like that.  We can't figure out how he is so precise that he gets one without disturbing the others.  If we hadn't caught him with one one time, we might never know he was doing it.  Now we count them, so we catch him more often.  This dog looks like the same breed even.  A wide headed lab. 

Then there's the 15 year old dog who apparently thinks she's alone no matter who's in the room.  I caught her stealing my steak one night when I was standing right over it.  In this case it was a low table where she could easily see it. 

Archived