SASS Wire Forum

No Flags

Okiepan

16 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

What I find amusing is that they say they are tolerant of other people's rights and life styles - as long as it meets with their ideology and agenda.  Then there is 0 tolerance.  

+ 100000

3 hours ago, Tequila Chase said:

I got a kick out when asked if they would abolish the tariff change with China all the candidates said "no".  And asked about immigration they said they were for "legal immigration", just what the President is doing, enforcing the laws that are already on the books.  Aren't these the same ones that criticized the President?  Do they think we're not listening.

They are using a lexicon that uses words from English but have different meanings.

For example, 'free speech' means that you get to agree with them.  'Hate speech' means that you don't agree with them.

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

I've voted for Democratic candidates.  Harold Volkmer was considered a conservative Democrat.  He was pro gun and even an NRA committee member.  

Ike Skelton was another at least moderate Democrat but not in my district.   

Illinois was like that. Once you got out of the collar counties downstate Democrats were very pro 2A. I remember Democratic legislators getting awards from the NRA, Ducks Unlimited, etc.  Some of that is still around, but not like it was. Speaker Madigan has turned into a worse tyrant. The only thing bigger than his ego is his checkbook. He will actually draft someone to run against one of his own to teach them a lesson. The drafted candidate won't win, but it makes the incumbent spend more for a primary that should have never happened. Welcome to Illinois.

Well, I didn’t watch the debate. I decided that I like my blood pressure as it is. Low.

I have already heard what they are all about. I don’t need to hear their doublespeak, lies and contortions. 

I wouldn’t vote for any of them for any reason or any position in any government. 

I would like to take them all camping...out in the desert...

51E32954-825B-43EA-AB7E-0B3310F275E4.gif.145a8fdd082bd1bda5a959287703827f.gif

I can't say they hate America. Or, at least, that they all hate America. I'm not so sure about some. At least, America as it exists. They wish to reinvent the country in an image of their choosing. I don't know that equals "hating" America.

She wasn't on the stage, but I met Tulsi Gabbard in Kuwait in '08, as her unit was transitioning to take over for mine at the end of our deployment. I found her easy to respect as an officer, instead of just the rank. She seemed level headed and cared about her troops. Certainly, I didn't hear the enlisted from her unit speaking more negatively than they would any other officer, and there were plenty of positive comments as well. But for her stance on Second Amendment issues in particular, along with a couple of others, I would at least have confidence in her desire to do what is right, particularly for the military.

Anyone familiar with "Politifact?"  Sort of the 'Snopes' of the politics.  :huh:

Someone submitted the following statement/query:

There were no American flags at the first Democratic presidential debate [?]

To which Politifact, after much pontificating, responded:

Searching through [pages of photos] from the first debate, we saw none with a physical American flag made of cloth. But the stage had a digital set that prominently featured images of the flag — including one hanging on the White House image that appears in the Facebook post — and several candidates wore flag pins on their lapels. 

We rate this claim False

Wow.  Talk about seeing what you want to see....   raised-eyebrow.gif

Link

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Anyone familiar with "Politifact?"  Sort of the 'Snopes' of the politics.  :huh:

Link

Maybe someone should give a class to the Politifact folks that lapel pins and digital images do not constitute being a flag.   Ask any family member of a fallen U.S. service member if their loved one's casket was covered by a label pin, a digital image, or an American flag?

:FlagAm:

4 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Maybe someone should give a class to the Politifact folks that lapel pins and digital images do not constitute being a flag.   Ask any family member of a fallen U.S. service member if their loved one's casket was covered by a label pin, a digital image, or an American flag?

:FlagAm:

I'd consider sending them a note, but I really doubt they'd get past the salutation.... :mellow:

united-states-flag.gif     united-states-flag.gif     united-states-flag.gif

There is 1 word that they keep using for the left that just irratates me to no end.DEMOCRATIC.Democratic mayor ,Democratic Judge Democratic senator, Democratic Congressman..They are no more democratic than a pile of %$####.

Largo

On 9/14/2019 at 5:48 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Link

They are ran by a newspaper in Tampa and are known and proven to be biased against conservatives.  Their 'experts' that render such judgements are actually career regional news scribblers that are given a soapbox on the internet by their bosses.

Archived