SASS Wire Forum

Nicest Knife

Sawhorse Kid

I have two daggers that I think are very nice....and, though not technically a knife, a sword.

Nicest dagger with my wife's S&W Model 15-4 "Combat Masterpiece" in .38 Special.

ovAXOo.jpg

HJGzrz.jpg

Here's my nicest "Long Knife."  The anomalies in the blueing are caused from the oil on the blade.  In hand, the blueing is flawless.

My wife gave me this replica Napoleonic saber as my retirement gift.

GsVQOu.jpg

6xVzMh.jpg

ul2pmF.jpg

pJRpaW.jpg

LaVkNf.jpg

My saber is an exact replica of this original saber I found displayed in the French Army Museum at Les Invalides in Paris, France.

The original in Les Invalides.

26kK8V.jpg

cX5KgB.jpg

4 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Here's my nicest "Long Knife."  The anomalies in the blueing are caused from the oil on the blade.  In hand, the blueing is flawless.

My wife gave me this replica Napoleonic saber as my retirement gift.

GsVQOu.jpg

6xVzMh.jpg

ul2pmF.jpg

pJRpaW.jpg

LaVkNf.jpg

My saber is an exact replica of this original saber I found displayed in the French Army Museum at Les Invalides in Paris, France.

The original in Les Invalides.

26kK8V.jpg

cX5KgB.jpg

Zut alors!! Zis puts my 1872 Cavalry saber to shame! 

16 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Zut alors!! Zis puts my 1872 Cavalry saber to shame! 

UB, I also have a replica 1872 saber, but the Napoleonic French Guard Light Cavalry uniforms put most other cavalry uniforms to shame.  And, their officers needed an appropriately dressy saber...don't you think?

9kOs0f.jpg

6 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

UB, I also have a replica 1872 saber, but the Napoleonic French Guard Light Cavalry uniforms put most other cavalry uniforms to shame.  And, their officers needed an appropriately dressy saber...don't you think?

9kOs0f.jpg

My 72 is original. Not minty but at least the blade’s not full of “combat” nicks. (From kids playing pirate) :D

All my knives are used so the good looks are gone, but I have this knife that I bought but cannot bring myself to actually use. I just take it out of the box on occasion and look at it.

A31019F3-3FC7-49BE-B3A9-237C76D85C90.thumb.jpeg.d430776be17de0e20f97d39155a09e32.jpeg

91B714E4-6409-4B03-B34F-F7B7E8F682BB.thumb.jpeg.800b482195c0616fe697786c2af2aebf.jpeg

It is a CRKT “Hunt & Fisch” knife. 3.5” blade. The creator of this knife passed away due to cancer, I believe. He was a promising knife designer, but this was his only marketed design before he passed.

It is a nice little sheath knife that is well balanced. I will eventually utilize it, but for now I like to admire it.

I reckon that would be the J. Price , Dosier style hunting knife , JP worked with me several years back , 

He thought I needed a better knife that the Buck I was carrying , when we were hunting with the Mls 

next nite , he walked by said give me X $ , thought what am I buying sight un seen ? 

came back by , and shoved it in my hip pocket , been using it since as a primary hunting knife 

I have been told it is worth quite a bit to some collectors , JP had some knives featured in SOF and some trade mags (knifemakers , )

Chickasaw 

Four of my favorites. Top one copied after one Elmer Keith had made, Micarta grip, not whatever is used now. Second one down is kind of a bowie with stag handle, Third one is my favorite skinning knife with a Hippopotamus handlem Fourth is one I made fashioned after the "Nesmuk" knife sold by Sears a long time ago

MVC-019F.JPG

Archived