SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 94c questions

Turkey Flats Jack

I just picked a marlin 94c today for the wife. I've read marauders homestead page on slicking them up but i'm wondering what all hardware upgrades y'all suggest or are must haves for it. Also is there a one stop shop to get all the spring kits and other parts to make it really sing? Thanks

Longhunter also carries one piece firing pins and spring kits,,  that and slicking up will do wonders,,, the Widder mods are mandatory

I ordered some Marlin parts from Long Hunter Shooting Supply on Monday (9th) and picked them up at the PO today.

Springs & one-piece firing pin kits, and safety replacement screws.

11 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Is this a JM or a Remlin?

Do replace that plastic mag follower with slick's SS version.

OLG

It's brand new from the factory so a remlin. Thanks, I had read that was a must as they'll crack and bind up the spring. 

All the upgrades or modifications listed on Marauders website are an improvement in operation of the gun. You can do one or you can do all. 

The extractor upgrade that Lumpy references helps hang onto the case so that when the bolt moves backward the case positively strikes the ejector to cleanly eject the case. If the case is loose on the bolt face it will eject only partially or not at all.

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

The RPP extractor is a great aid to function of the rifle.

OLG

followed this advice ▲ and never looked back--really makes a big difference

the fact that they are all of six miles from me helps, too.

see they are now also into motorcycles 

I carefully followed Widder's instructions and yep, works great!  A few changes I made was to drop in the Competition Spring Kit, One-Piece Steel Firing Pin, and Phantom Trigger from Slick's Mercantile.  I tried the Ranger Point Extractor.  Quite nice!  But my carbine bolt was slightly out of spec and I had to go with Sure Claw, which is a tad longer.  I used the Ranger Point Extractor in a different Marlin and it worked perfectly.  They are a good product.  

Other changes I made were to use the Ranger Point follower and the lightweight clear anodized loading gate... Midnight Blue Cerakote, change the sights, refinish the stocks...  At least it was a beater that only cost $300.00 on the consignment racks at a local gun store.

Not everyone's "cup of tea", but I wanted a "Black n' Bling" B-Western pimp gun!

IMG_20190820_151315758.thumb.jpg.7bf95488175da68ba8d0ed30309dc6a8.jpg

On 9/13/2019 at 8:36 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

The RPP extractor is a great aid to function of the rifle.

OLG

Thanks OLG I forgot that I added that as well to all my Marlins WB and Cowboy.  They are all set up the same way except the Marlin CBC does not have the RP trigger in it.  My WB rifle and the 1895 for longer range does. 

The only thing is the RP loading gate, worked fine for the Remilin 1894 limited and the 1895 but just would not work like the factory part for the CBC.  It seemed like it was just a bit too long.  I think that is why I have hesitated on the trigger but then again everything else worked.  Get around to trying at some point.

22 hours ago, McCandless said:

I carefully followed Widder's instructions and yep, works great!  A few changes I made was to drop in the Competition Spring Kit, One-Piece Steel Firing Pin, and Phantom Trigger from Slick's Mercantile.  I tried the Ranger Point Extractor.  Quite nice!  But my carbine bolt was slightly out of spec and I had to go with Sure Claw, which is a tad longer.  I used the Ranger Point Extractor in a different Marlin and it worked perfectly.  They are a good product.  

Other changes I made were to use the Ranger Point follower and the lightweight clear anodized loading gate... Midnight Blue Cerakote, change the sights, refinish the stocks...  At least it was a beater that only cost $300.00 on the consignment racks at a local gun store.

Not everyone's "cup of tea", but I wanted a "Black n' Bling" B-Western pimp gun!

IMG_20190820_151315758.thumb.jpg.7bf95488175da68ba8d0ed30309dc6a8.jpg

Nice!  My WB rifle is actually my most B western look job.  It is one of the new Remlin 1894 Cowboy Limiteds.  Nice would but not like yours.  However the receiver is engraved and it has the gold Marlin logo on the side opposite the loading gate side.  It had a gold trigger, but replaced also with a gold RP trigger and gold RP loading gate so looks more like a B western job.  I still think yours looks better though!

Archived