SASS Wire Forum

Disappointed stoners

Utah Bob #35998

Got behing a VW van in Dove Creek heading south out of the road to Utah. They were driving slower than anybody does and looking left and right obviously searching for sonething. Gas station perhaps? No they passed two. Town hall? Sheriff? Restaraunt?

Then it hit me. They were looking for a weed shop. We're the first town in Colorado you hit coming out of Utah. . The marijuana bumper stickers made it kinda obvious. :D

Couldn't see their license tag for the dirt. But they left disappointed. Our county rejected commercial pot businesses. They'll have to wait till they hit Cortez, 30 miles south. They can't miss the first one. The Doobie Sisters dispensary is right on the highway as you hit the Crtez city limits. Plenty of flags and signs. :lol:

If they miss it there are about 7 or 8 more in town.

I guess they didn't have a GPS.

EDit. Come to think of it....They might have been headed to the little town of Stoner a few miles past Dolores, Yeah there really is a Stoner. Been there for many years.

This guy found it. :D

stoner.jpg

Once upon a time I was visiting Drew  Langsner, a woodworker and teacher in northwestern NC, in a place so remote that you could look south and see Tennessee. Sometimes these old teachers would get together. One whom I will not name is renowned for being able to find alcohol in dry places. The nearest wet county may have been only 45 miles away but the round trip was three hours.

and to think, the nearest hooch was probably only 15 minutes away up the mountain.

California passed Prop 65. This is a warning label regarding products that may cause "reproductive harm", which includes retardation and learning disabilities.

Then they legalize Marijuana. Marijuana induces retardation and learning disabilities. Go figure...

image.png.116f48d4cd4998058689b8604a437eeb.png

8 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

California passed Prop 65. This is a warning label regarding products that may cause "reproductive harm", which includes retardation and learning disabilities.

Then they legalize Marijuana. Marijuana induces retardation and learning disabilities. Go figure...

image.png.116f48d4cd4998058689b8604a437eeb.png

But did they put warning labels on the pot?

1 minute ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

But did they put warning labels on the pot?

Aaahhh...trick question...;)

I do not know. I do not buy Pot.

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The reason why the leftists want to legalize weed and ban guns is that there is no significant tax revenue from the sale of guns and ammo.

That and the fact that stoned citizens make more manageable citizens.

They can’t even do that right. People here didn’t pay attention. They thought the state would get gazillons of $ of tax money for roads, schools, etc. The cannabis tax money goes to, and I’m not making this up, anti- drug programs! Huh??

We have commercials now where a young mom tells you to make sure you lock up your weed, especially the tasty candy edibles,  so the kiddies can’t get to it. And I think it goes to anti smoking programs too.

There are no anti-vaping programs as far as I know.

8 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Come to think of it....They might have been headed to the little town of Stoner a few miles past Dolores, Yeah there really is a Stoner. Been there for many years.

Stoner ?............ naw ....

Lay and Climax have always been my favorite towns.

11 minutes ago, Fence Cutter said:

Stoner ?............ naw ....

Lay and Climax have always been my favorite towns.

I prefer Rifle and Parachute.

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

They can’t even do that right. People here didn’t pay attention. They thought the state would get gazillons of $ of tax money for roads, schools, etc. The cannabis tax money goes to, and I’m not making this up, anti- drug programs! Huh??

We have commercials now where a young mom tells you to make sure you lock up your weed, especially the tasty candy edibles,  so the kiddies can’t get to it. And I think it goes to anti smoking programs too.

There are no anti-vaping programs as far as I know.

The problem here in Colorado is the citizen passed tax limitation referendum that was passed 20 or 30 years ago. The state cannot raise or set new taxes without the vote of the people. When pot was legalized, they underestimated how much tax money would be raised and had to refund millions that were collected over their estimate. Bob remember several years ago when everybody got a state tax return whether they paid any into the system....I got money and I never paid anything.

41 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

The problem here in Colorado is the citizen passed tax limitation referendum that was passed 20 or 30 years ago. The state cannot raise or set new taxes without the vote of the people. When pot was legalized, they underestimated how much tax money would be raised and had to refund millions that were collected over their estimate. Bob remember several years ago when everybody got a state tax return whether they paid any into the system....I got money and I never paid anything.

The problem is dumbass voters. They got bamboozled by the cannabis industry. ;)

Archived