SASS Wire Forum

Another car insurance question

Alpo

I did not say it broke down.

I said I broke it.

When one breaks a car it is normally because one has run it into something hard. A building, a tree, another car.

Just now, Alpo said:

I did not say it broke down.

I said I broke it.

When one breaks a car it is normally because one has run it into something hard. A building, a tree, another car.

Most folks-call the a "crash" or "wreck".  ;)

OLG

Marshal,

I was hit by another driver who crossed the center line. To get the car repaired in a reasonable time frame I had to use my insurance, however, my Insurance Co sued for recover as the other driver was at fault. I finally got back my deductible minus legal fees for the Insurance Co Lawyer, (0.50/1.00). 

I believe the dealership should be sued by your Insurance Co. They have deep enough pockets to prevail over the dealership's corporate lawyers. If you sued personally you might spend more than you could recover. Of course you could claim emotional distress, etc. at the damage done to your "baby", where the Ins Co has no emotion only $$.

CJ

Don't confuse collision coverage with liability issues or liability insurance.

If you carelessly run into a tree, the first question, assuming you both had collision coverage, is what collision coverage will apply? The usual answer: his. You always need to read the policies. Yours may apply, too; then there is a priority question, usually the owner's comes first.

But then he or his carrier (after they pay) sue you. Does your liability coverage apply?  Maybe not, many policies exclude from liability coverage property in your care, custody, or control. In other words, your liability coverage will protect you from liability to someone you hurt, or to the owner of the tree for damage to the tree, but often not to your liability for damage to the car you borrowed.

That's my best memory at the moment.

Hardpan's insurance pays for it and then gets the money from your insurance company.

Archived