SASS Wire Forum

I had the weirdest dream

Pat Riot

I had a black and white dream. I always dream in color. I dreamt that it was raining and wet for days and “we” had to “get out and get out now” because “they” are coming. No cars would run and everyone was afoot. My wife was rushing me to hurry. I grabbed a backpack grabbed a couple pairs of jeans, 3 tee shirts, a flannel shirt and my rain jacket. I went to my gun safe, opened it and all of a sudden there were several people there urging me to hurry up and grab a rifle “but make sure you grab the right one and lots of ammo cause you’re gonna need it”. My Glocks and my AR weren’t in my safe. The AR was in my truck but my truck was gone. The Glocks were in my other little safes but they were gone.(it’s a dream - I have no idea where they went) 

I decide to grab my 10/22 and my S&W 327 NG (8 shot .357) then this arrogant guy says “No, grab something different.” I tell him I am not carrying a lot of am I weight and go do something with himself that I can’t say here.

He says, ”Well you’re not going with us”

We leave the house walking, my wife and I. 

I decide to go back and get another revolver but my house is sinking in mud. I can see my open safe but can’t get to it.

We start walking and end up in an almond orchard with s bunch of other people. We are setting up a smelly canvas tent.

Some guy is telling me to hurry up as I need to go with them to look for “them” and to find supplies. 

I turn to my wife and tell her I am not doing this crap and that we’re going home. All of a sudden I have a sharp pain in my left knee. Some SOB shot me with “a 40 grain copper coated high velocity hollow point Aquila .22 round”. (dreams, go figure)

Anyway, I wake up on my couch lying on my back with my foot propped on the arm on the couch and my knee is killing me and feels hyper extended. I got up and walked it off. 

Man that was weird.

21 minutes ago, Catlow4697 said:

First it's time to move out of California

then the bad dreams will go away .

But it never rains in California... at least that’s what the dons says...:lol:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

a 40 grain copper coated high velocity hollow point Aquila .22 round

That IS weird.

A 40 grain hollow point? Hollow point 22s are normally 36 grains. The 40s are solids. :P

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That IS weird.

A 40 grain hollow point? Hollow point 22s are normally 36 grains. The 40s are solids. :P

Not so.  CCI makes them, sold at Academy and many other stores:

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/cci®-22-lr-40-grain-subsonic-lead-hollow-point-rimfire-ammunition

12 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

BUT..... CCI wasn't in the dream.

:lol::lol:

..........Widder

OK, but Aguilla (which was in the dream) also makes .22 40 gr. jacketed hollow points.  So there! :P

You need to save your weird dreams.

I had this one July 29, 2009. Wrote it down as soon as I woke up, while I still remembered it.

The Chinese have invaded.  Our army is, pretty much, gone.  People have banded together as militia.

There is a group at my house.  Maybe twenty.  I am a corpsman.  Why?  Hell if I know.  

We have set up fighting areas in the yard.  My yard is larger than it really is, but I still know it is my yard.  Where the heat pump is sitting, in real life, a large fighting hole has been dug. Later, during a tactics discussion, we realize that during our strategic withdrawal (which we will have to use since we will be greatly outnumbered) the poor schlub in the hole will not be able to get out of it.  

We are kinda dicking around, like in Private Ryan, before the Germans get to the bridge.  Suddenly our scouts tell us the Chinese are coming.  I strap on my Aid belt, with the medical pouches.  I have decided that I will have a gun, though, even though I am a corpsman, and technically a non-combatant.  I go to the house to get one.

The back door is locked.  I used to have a key to the back door, but it disappeared.  No great problem.  I go in and out through the front.  Can't do that now.  The enemy is out front.  I use my elbow to smash the glass on the back door.  It is apparently automobile laminated safety glass, as it does not want to break.  Finally it breaks and I reach in and unlock the door.  

Now I head for the stairway, to go upstairs and get a gun. Stairs?  When did my house get two stories?  Anyway.  I'm trying to decide what to use.  Late to be making that decision.  All the other guys have M16s, but I don't like that gun.  Do I want the Mini 14, so I have ammunition compatibility?  Use the MP5, so I have automatic capability?  That stainless 44/40 I used at Fandango, because it is the one I shoot the most, so I am more comfortable and accurate with it?  Decisions, decisions.  

Someone knocks at the front door.  The Chinese are here.  They have stopped out front.  Their commanding officer is on the front porch, asking to be let in.  I should go open the door and shoot him two or three times, then slam the door.  Let the battle begin.  

I am scared shitless.

I wake up.

3 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

At least you didn't dream of Hardpan and Utah Bob, like Alpo.

Also dreams of Electric Sheep.

In the children's book Caddie Woodlawn the kids believe that a dream told before breakfast will come true....

I sure hope you fellas were up mighty early gobblin' up steak 'n' eggs 'n' kippers 'n' pancakes 'n' spuds 'n' biscuits 'n' gravy....  :rolleyes:

Had a dream one time where I was rabbit hunting in the house. I followed the rabbit down the hall and he went into the back bedroom. When I went into the bedroom after him, I couldn't see him.

Then the door swung shut. He had been hiding behind the door. As I brought the shotgun up, he leaped at me. Feet first.

When he hit me, his feet stuck to my chest, like they had giant suction cups on the bottom or something.

That woke me up.

In 1980 I dreamed I was in a firefight in a jungle somewhere. Vietnam? Maybe.

It was a very intense dream, and when I woke up I was lying on the floor, 15 feet away from my bed, pointing a 45 at the bed. The SNICK of the safety going off is what woke me up.

That ain't good.

Amazing how some of them strange dreams stay with you for years.

43 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

Dreams such as these are symptomatic of an underlying mental instability.  You have been Red Flagged.  You have been Red Flagged.  You have been.....

Hell...  Everyone here has already been flagged just due to the nature of this website.

If you're a life member of this organization you probly have lots of red flags in your file.

:blink:

1 hour ago, Joke 'um said:

Dreams such as these are symptomatic of an underlying mental instability.  You have been Red Flagged.  You have been Red Flagged.  You have been.....

Oh goody! Are there great drugs involved?...On second though, I probably don't need them. ;):lol:

57 minutes ago, Alpo said:

In 1980 I dreamed I was in a firefight in a jungle somewhere. Vietnam? Maybe.

It was a very intense dream, and when I woke up I was lying on the floor, 15 feet away from my bed, pointing a 45 at the bed. The SNICK of the safety going off is what woke me up.

That ain't good.

Amazing how some of them strange dreams stay with you for years.

Alpo,

Years ago I had a dream that HUMONGOUS spiders 2' wide were chasing me. I made it down the hall to my bedroom, unlocked my safe, got the Mossberg 500, came back to the doorway looking down the hall and the spiders were coming. I racked the slide to fire at them and woke up.

I was standing in the doorway to my bedroom looking down the hall in my underwear with my Mossberg in my hands. In my sleep I had gotten up, used the key to unlock the safe and gotten my shotgun out of it.

That was the last time I ever took Melatonin.

I kinda liked this one. Wish there was such a movie.

24 August 2014

John Wayne movie.  One I've never seen before.  Duke is old.  Late 60s, early 70s, and still cowboying, because that's all he knows how to do.

It's, maybe, the 30s, as they are at the intersection of two paved roads.  There's a roadhouse at the corner, and as they watch, a man leading a mule loaded down with furs rides up to it and gets down.

It's raining.  Not a soft sprinkle, but not a gullywasher either.  Just one of them hard rains that rains all day long, and you hate to be out in it because you know it ain't gonna quit for a while and you got to keep going.

There's a kid with him. 16, 17 maybe.  Trying to learn how to be a man.  Not just drinking, fighting and whoring, but BEING a man.  And he's picked Duke to teach him, cause Duke is the best man he knows.  Duke, he's not actively trying to teach the boy.  Hes just passing on his wisdom as he happens to think about it.

As they watch the trapper, Duke comments that he did that, one season, down in Arizona.  Shakes his head in sympathy for the trapper/pain at the memory, spits down in the mud and says, "That's one hard-ass way to make a living, boy".

As they cross the intersection, Dukes horse's steel shoes slip on the wet pavement and he almost goes down.  Duke jerks his head around with the reins, and shifts his weight, which allows the horse to catch himself and not fall.  He does this, apparently, without thinking about it.  Neither him nor the kid comment on the near-spill.  Just one of them things that's part of life.  

As they ride on down the road I wake up.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I had a black and white dream. I always dream in color. I dreamt that it was raining and wet for days and “we” had to “get out and get out now” because “they” are coming. No cars would run and everyone was afoot. My wife was rushing me to hurry. I grabbed a backpack grabbed a couple pairs of jeans, 3 tee shirts, a flannel shirt and my rain jacket. I went to my gun safe, opened it and all of a sudden there were several people there urging me to hurry up and grab a rifle “but make sure you grab the right one and lots of ammo cause you’re gonna need it”. My Glocks and my AR weren’t in my safe. The AR was in my truck but my truck was gone. The Glocks were in my other little safes but they were gone.(it’s a dream - I have no idea where they went) 

I decide to grab my 10/22 and my S&W 327 NG (8 shot .357) then this arrogant guy says “No, grab something different.” I tell him I am not carrying a lot of am I weight and go do something with himself that I can’t say here.

He says, ”Well you’re not going with us”

We leave the house walking, my wife and I. 

I decide to go back and get another revolver but my house is sinking in mud. I can see my open safe but can’t get to it.

We start walking and end up in an almond orchard with s bunch of other people. We are setting up a smelly canvas tent.

Some guy is telling me to hurry up as I need to go with them to look for “them” and to find supplies. 

I turn to my wife and tell her I am not doing this crap and that we’re going home. All of a sudden I have a sharp pain in my left knee. Some SOB shot me with “a 40 grain copper coated high velocity hollow point Aquila .22 round”. (dreams, go figure)

Anyway, I wake up on my couch lying on my back with my foot propped on the arm on the couch and my knee is killing me and feels hyper extended. I got up and walked it off. 

Man that was weird.

What in the heck did you have for dinner?..........:lol:

OLG

Just now, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

What in the heck did you have for dinner?..........:lol:

OLG

Come to think of it my wife made this "Hello Fresh" pork chops with cherry sauce. Gave me heartburn. I never get heartburn any more. That must have been it.

59 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Come to think of it my wife made this "Hello Fresh" pork chops with cherry sauce. Gave me heartburn. I never get heartburn any more. That must have been it.

Sure-It's ALL her fault. :D :P

OLG

1 minute ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Sure-It's ALL her fault. :D :P

OLG

OLG, where does this come from?

"Hav'n you along, is like losing 2 good men"

6 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

When I acknowledged I was crazy I became a little less crazy.

Imis  ( my bladder causes crazy dreams)

1. I've got to try that.

2. Me too. Like I can fly down stairs only touching the stair tips on my way to the restroom.

:o

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

Had a dream one time where I was rabbit hunting in the house. I followed the rabbit down the hall and he went into the back bedroom. When I went into the bedroom after him, I couldn't see him.

Then the door swung shut. He had been hiding behind the door. As I brought the shotgun up, he leaped at me. Feet first.

When he hit me, his feet stuck to my chest, like they had giant suction cups on the bottom or something.

That woke me up.

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Line from a comedy western movie.........^_^

You need to name the movie :P

OLG

The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday

Archived