SASS Wire Forum

Bullet dispensing machines

sassnetguy50

Has anyone seen an automated ammunition dispensing machine?

Saw this in a news article, bullets by the pound in the store:

https://alpinerange.com/facebook-ammunition-special-9mm-10-pounds/

A local nonprofit range tried to setup an unmanned 24hr sttion with self serve, like a sandwich vending machine.  It would require you to swipe your state id and member card for proof of age.  Of course the lawyer stopped it before it was installed but after they had bought the equipment.

I can understand that.

If you walked into your local gun shop, would your daddy's or your big brother's ID, and you were obviously 12, they wouldn't sell you any ammo. The machine don't care.

The store wouldn't sell me cigarettes when I was 11, but I bought them out of vending machines all the time.

They just need a Siri type vending machine. You have to show the ID pic to her while she scans your face before she puts out with the ammo.

No match and it’s, “I’m sorry, Dave, I can’t do that”. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

They just need a Siri type vending machine. You have to show the ID pic to her while she scans your face before she puts out with the ammo.

There was going to be a ginger print scanner and breathalyzer at each lane door.  Some of the firearms community was not excited about being finger printed, so the scanners never got installed.

Wait... with the breathalyzer ya wouldn't need a "gingerprint scanner...."    :)

28 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Lordy, but I hated that movie.  First semester at San Francisco State College, fall '69, required watching for David Bycina's Western Civilization class.

Hated the class, too.  :(

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Wait... with the breathalyzer ya wouldn't need a "gingerprint scanner...."    :)

Lordy, but I hated that movie.  First semester at San Francisco State College, fall '69, required watching for David Bycina's Western Civilization class.

Hated the class, too.  :(

Remember, most people who loved it were stoned. It was 1968. 

Gotta love the music though. :D

:ph34r:   Small home town in western Washington, 1962.  Local trading post sold  GI WW II era .45 ACP zinc-cased ball by the pound.  Had a big wooden barrel full of it and a large scoop like a sugar scoop to put it in brown paper bag on the scale.  Worked out to about 3 cents a round.  No problem buying it at age 16.

21 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

In Japan there are vending machines for booze.

When I went to take a physical for the Naval Academy I was put up in the BOQ at Ft. Campbell. They had beer vending machines. I was not of age and there was no supervision. I believe the price was 25 cents. That was 1971.

1 hour ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:   Small home town in western Washington, 1962.  Local trading post sold  GI WW II era .45 ACP zinc-cased ball by the pound.  Had a big wooden barrel full of it and a large scoop like a sugar scoop to put it in brown paper bag on the scale.  Worked out to about 3 cents a round.  No problem buying it at age 16.

I remember riding my bicycle down to K Mart to buy .45 and .22 ammo until they changed the law so I had to go there with my stepfather.

Archived