SASS Wire Forum

Mr. Bullet Feeder problem solved!

Nickel City Dude

I have a Mr. Bullet Feeder on my Dillon 750 and it was giving me problems.  The hopper that turns the bullet point up was working fine but the die that sets the bullet on the case had problems.  Not every time but more often than I would like the seating die would not come all the way back down after it fed a bullet onto a case.  Sometimes it would feed 2 bullets one on top of each other, but more problematic was when it would wait until the shell plate rotated and then drop the second bullet on top of a case filled with powder.  This would make some of the powder spill out of the case.  It would have to be removed and set aside until I could get the primer out or put it back into station 2.

I was talking to a friend of mine that had the same problem and his solution was to take a spring out of a ballpoint pen and connect it between the seating die C clip on the MBF at station 3 and the C clip on the Dillon seating die at station 4.  With a little adjustment this fix worked great.  The little extra pull from the spring keeps the MBF die from staying up and dropping the second bullet.

Isn’t it always the simplest solutions that make the biggest difference?

Here is a picture of the spring in place.

zoIfRD8.jpg

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

A shot of silicon spray, or lock lube would also help. ;)

OLG

OLG

I had been trying some silicone and while it did help a little it did not solve the problem.  The simple spring  from a pen did the trick.

NCD

Good solution! I came to a similar conclusion on mine (pictured).  You may run into an issue with your spring being a compression spring, instead of an extension spring.  Lowe's supplied the spring and washer...1190940695_2019-09-1210_57_44.thumb.jpg.51d9637382e730904cfdca24b6f19fd5.jpg

I figured out the same solution after mucho time experimenting. I think the standard product should come with a spring. Your solution is more elegant than mine. I use big rubber bands. They last a pretty good while & then break. Replace 'em & go again for a pretty good while. I really loved the bulletfeeder when I first got it & used it on a 650. Then, I moved to a 1050 & haven't gotten around to hooking it back up. With my hand resting on the bullet tray, it's so easy to just set the bullet on the case. And, although the bulletfeeder works pretty well, like all moving parts, it has a problem from time-to-time - bullet stuck in the chute, bullet upside down. etc., etc. So, it's kind of a toss up for me on avoiding the occasional problem & just setting the bullet on the case. I'll probably get it going again sometime when the mood strikes.

Archived