SASS Wire Forum

PW87 question.

Shifty Jack, SASS #65353

I've seen a few comments trashing these saying they are junk. Are they really that much worse than the IACs? I had one when they were first imported in the mid 2000s and was not impressed. Did the quality of IACs go up?

I have 2 IACs, One Norinco, and one that Coyote Cap imported; compared to any of those they are pretty bad. 

I had one that Lassiter worked on that was a good shooter but not very pretty. Having "Zhong Zhou Machine Works" in big bold letters down the side of the receiver definitely didn't help it any.

If you are thinking of buying one get it from Lassiter

I bought one and it was Junk !

No mater what you could not get it to work at all.

Sent it to Lassiter to work his Black Magic .

She Come back working like a charm .

BUT STILL UGLY !

Screenshot_20180330-211637.thumb.png.3b89b2fe6fb5dfd985ef56e4391a287b.png

They are ugly. the fit and finish is mediocre IMO. You get what you pay for that's for sure. I had my local shop order one in. The first one showed up and I worked the lever and the internals fell out on the floor. The shop sent it back and the next one functioned but felt like kitty litter on sandpaper.  about 2 hours with some stones and a couple diamond files and it felt workable. I paid $360 out the door for a new pw87, spent another $50 in round trip shipping to Lassiter and $250 for the drop 2 mod. So I have an ugly 87 that functions well and works for our game that I paid $660 total for.  i'd say if you can pick up an iac or chiappa for $700 or less that already has the drop 2 you'd be better off. But I dont hate mine (now that lassiter worked his magic on it).  I added some decorative hardware to mine to distract people from the giant "MADE IN CHINA" on the receiver. lol

1887.jpg

When I was gathering information on color case coloring by the flame method, I came  across a guy attempting to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. 

At least he polished of the MADE IN CHINA stuff. 

Here is a playlist of other videos on the same PW87.

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

When I was gathering information on color case coloring by the flame method, I came  across a guy attempting to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. 

Wow as deep as the markings were on the one I had, I am surprised he didn’t polish a hole in the frame. 

On 9/10/2019 at 7:51 PM, Warden Callaway said:

Is there a serial number stamped somewhere else on those? 

I've heard of folks filling in the stamping(except the serial) with a tig welder and then filing down smooth.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:17 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

Wow as deep as the markings were on the one I had, I am surprised he didn’t polish a hole in the frame. 

I don’t believe he did polish off the stamping on the receiver. Look close in the video and you can see them on the left side of the receiver. The stamping is deep, it would take more then polishing to remove seeing them.

Archived