SASS Wire Forum

Fair warning

Perro Del Diablo

Reminds me of that Ford commercial where the teenager girl complains about the car not working, can’t go over 65, text doesn’t work, and a few other things. Great commercial! The look on the dads face is priceless!

The ad for the kid getting his parents old station wagon is good too! I'd take that station wagon!

My parents didn't get me anything, so I bought my own motorcycle! Been on one ever since.

PDD, get your kid some driving lessons through a professional driver training school even if they have Driver’s Education in school. It will help with your insurance. 

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

PDD, get your kid some driving lessons through a professional driver training school even if they have Driver’s Education in school. It will help with your insurance. 

Sears school was #1 on list now start behind wheel part. Soon going put him in beginning motorcycle riding class. Then maybe some father son rides

19 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Sears school was #1 on list now start behind wheel part. Soon going put him in beginning motorcycle riding class. Then maybe some father son rides

Please get him a full face helmet or a good modular (HJC IS Max 2 is what I use.) Boots (not steel toe) and a leather jacket with elbow, shoulder and back armor. These things really help when asphalt and concrete try to eat you. ;)

I was wearing this jacket brand when I went down. 

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/street-steel-outlander-jacket

It’s heavy leather with good elbow and shoulder armor. Replace the foam back plate with a good CE rated armor plate. 

Of course you probably know all this. 

By the way, my bell is going on the bike this weekend. Thank you so much. :D

6 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

And I just got done replacing the post on the mail box!

All that work for nothing.:P

And here I thought all y'all in Smiths Station had to go to town to get your mail.:P

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Please get him a full face helmet or a good modular (HJC IS Max 2 is what I use.) Boots (not steel toe) and a leather jacket with elbow, shoulder and back armor. These things really help when asphalt and concrete try to eat you. ;)

I was wearing this jacket brand when I went down. 

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/street-steel-outlander-jacket

It’s heavy leather with good elbow and shoulder armor. Replace the foam back plate with a good CE rated armor plate. 

Of course you probably know all this. 

By the way, my bell is going on the bike this weekend. Thank you so much. :D

Leather boots check

Modular full face helmet check

Textile riding jacket to start with for riding class, pockets for armor. Gloves and leather jacket is in future. 

As for your bell my prayers that she shall always will be able to fly as fast as you can ride. 

2 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

And here I thought all y'all in Smiths Station had to go to town to get your mail.:P

Not those of us that live in the Uptown district of the Greater Smiths Station Metroplex! 

They even paved our road a few years back.:P

27 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Not those of us that live in the Uptown district of the Greater Smiths Station Metroplex! 

They even paved our road a few years back.:P

Well pick my cotton!  I bet I wouldn't recognize the place!

Five years from now, you'll still worry.

My 'Baby" is now 42, and is a good driver with 23 years driving experience.

We still worry when he goes out: Not for what he may do, (He doesn't even drink!) but what some dough head will do to him.

The best driving school I found, for my oldest son, was to put him in a 4 cylinder race car (Bandit, Hornet, etc) on a short track.  He learned evasive, defensive driving in a hurry.  He also learned how to fix them at the same time.  One bad habit he picked up was following too close.  He drives on the road like he used to on the track.  I tell him to back off when he drives.  You will spend some quality time with him.

We just went through Kaya getting hers not long ago. Then she bought her own truck! Got mad when I wrote a check to cover the taxes. It gets better I'm told. Just not quite yet.

First TRUCK!!.jpg

Archived