SASS Wire Forum

WTC. Equipment

Hoss

Saw something new this weekend. Shooter had a shotgun slide that instead of being hooked to his gun belt or a separate belt, it attached to his suspenders on each side, was horizontal across his body. In all other respects “legal”. Any rule against this? 

9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Saw something new this weekend. Shooter had a shotgun slide that instead of being hooked to his gun belt or a separate belt, it attached to his suspenders on each side, was horizontal across his body. In all other respects “legal”. Any rule against this? 

Photo would be helpful.

Note: Any ammo carried to the firing line in an illegal/unapproved manner that is actually used for stage reloads falls under the “Use of illegally acquired ammunition” penalties. 

SHB p.4

No picture, but if you will promise not to laugh at my artwork....

lets assume all all other aspects are within rules, ammo at or below belly button, period correct materials, conform to shooters body etc. 

and for the record, Im not trying to create a problem for anybody who may use a rig like this. I don’t think there is any competitive advantage or anything like that. Nor do I think I would want to use one. Im just curious. I could see an argument that it is a type of bandolier as it has shoulder support. And given it is tied down, that would not be within the rules. 

D88D1514-099B-4C67-839A-1715285639A4.jpeg

To me the question would be, WAS it above his belly button?      GW

9 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

To me the question would be, WAS it above his belly button?      GW

My drawing definitely not to scale. But for argument sake, yes ammo at or below belly button 

Seconding PWB's hint that it would be an illegal way to carry ammo.    Belts are allowed, slides on belts are allowed, but not a slide on suspenders.

Good luck, GJ

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

No picture, but if you will promise not to laugh at my artwork....

lets assume all all other aspects are within rules, ammo at or below belly button, period correct materials, conform to shooters body etc. 

and for the record, I'm not trying to create a problem for anybody who may use a rig like this. I don’t think there is any competitive advantage or anything like that. Nor do I think I would want to use one. I'm just curious. I could see an argument that it is a type of bandolier as it has shoulder support. And given it is tied down, that would not be within the rules. 

Definitely NOT a bandolier of any kind.

It has previously been ruled that loops and/or slides on suspenders are NOT LEGAL. as they are not on the list of approved methods for carrying stage reload ammo.

(REF: SHB pp.3-4).

It depends on whether this is considered "mounted" on the suspenders; as well as if "leather belt slide ammo loops" are legal when not worn on a belt.

I would recommend that anyone wishing to use a "questionable" article of equipment submit a Modification Application  instead of using it at the risk of being penalized.

43 minutes ago, a d texaz said:

Howdy,

i has has seen this rig also.

the suspenders hold up the gun belt / holsters. 

The sg shell holder is attached to the suspenders 

and the shotgun holder is worn in the correct position.  

So  a question - is it legal to have suspenders holding up your gun belt.

YES, it is legal to use suspenders to support a gun belt.

its ok to attach a shotgun slide to your gun belt.

if the suspenders are attached and are part of the gun belt then isn’t the shotgun slide ‘attached’ to the gun belt?

IMO...Suspenders used to hold up a gunbelt are not considered part of the BELT itself.

just a question...

AD

As previously suggested, I would advise the shooter to submit a ModApp form, along with detailed photos (including "as worn").

That is the best way to present this issue to the ROC for a definitive ruling.

24 minutes ago, Anvil Al #59168 said:

Without that ruling from the ROC.

He might end up getting called for it when he goes to a big match.

And that "well they let me use it at my home club won't fly"

That’s my thought too. Heck of a nice guy. I would hate for him to have a problem down the trail. 

It seems that he only has to add a simple belt through the slide to remove any doubt, and it could still be supported by his suspenders. Any belt.

Archived