SASS Wire Forum

Rural King Stands Firm in Support of the Second Amendment While Some Retailers Bow to Gun-Control Pressure

Charlie T Waite

Illinois-based retailer Rural King, which bills itself as America’s Farm and Home Store, recently released a statement reaffirming its commitment to lawfully selling firearms and standing by the Second Amendment. The statement came after both Walmart and Kroger announced gun restrictions in their stores.

Founded in 1960, Rural King has over 110 stores in 13 states (Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia). The family owned and operated company sells rifles, handguns, shotguns and ammunition. It also sells livestock feed, farm equipment, agricultural parts, lawn mowers, workwear, fashion clothing, housewares and toys. Rural King has a 50-year tradition of giving a free bag of popcorn and a cup of coffee to customers.

Rural King’s full statement on Facebook states:

Many rural Americans are defenders and supporters of our rights and the 2nd Amendment. We at Rural King are proud to stand with these Americans to protect and defend our freedoms.

While some retailers are bowing to pressures involving the selling of firearms, Rural King will continue to sell firearms lawfully in all our stores and online at RKGuns.com.

Hunting, camping, fishing, and other outdoor activities are some of our most treasured traditions and are woven into the fabric of rural America. At Rural King we are dedicated to living, loving, and embracing the rural lifestyle and carrying the products our customers expect.

We would like to thank you for shopping at Rural King and God Bless America!

Most Facebook users expressed support for the announcement. One man commented: “The nearest Rural King is a 40 minute drive for me. Rest assured, I’ll be buying everything I used to by at Walmart from you guys! You’re my new favorite store!”

Another man said: “THANK YOU! We love Rural King, and shop there all the time. We will wave at Walmart as we drive by them on the way to your store.”

Glad to see some companies are not afraid of freedom.

Archived