SASS Wire Forum

Horse Wreck

Wild Ben VanDorn

Well, had myself a bad horse wreck last weekend and ended up with a severely fractured  left wrist. Bad thing for a double duelist :rolleyes:

Headed to the sawbones for surgery tomorrow, so any of y’all who talk to The Boss upstairs, please put in a kind word for me. Until then . . . 

Keep your powder dry,

Wild Ben

Get well soon. That’s why I quit riding anything with a mind of its own.

So sorry to hear about your “horse wreck”. I will put in a good word for you and the horse...and the medical staff. I hope you heal quickly.

Oh, I always mention the medical staff when talking to the big man. It’s so they do a good job, stay alert and take care of the right wrist...or left, which ever is the correct one to be fixed.

:D

Wild Ben,

Just talked to the Doc and put in a good word for you. 

He said one more shot and he should be ready to go. :blink:

Here's praying for a speedy recovery.

1641272272_CowboysatthebarII.png.6cf494781570f67d6276bb565d5fa996.png

Prayers heading to the Trail Boss for your successful surgery and a fast pain free recovery.

Just remember to do the therapy, even when it hurts.  

Thanks for the well-wishes and prayers, gang. I think the surgery went well: titanium plate, nine screws and numerous stitches. Have to wait for the swelling to go down, but I should get back most of my mobility. 

To answer the big question: yes, the horse is fine! :D  I was able to get him to avoid the pole, but lost my seat and I zigged while he zagged. Even got a picture of it! 

Keep your powder dry (and your seat in the saddle!),

Wild Ben

18C28B4A-8A59-44BD-AB81-E78C3A947D93.jpeg

Archived