SASS Wire Forum

Illinois State championship

Flyin Shootest

Congratulations to all the Cowboy and Wild Bunch overall and category winners at the Illinois State championship, now hosted back in Illinois to stay.

A special thanks to Taco Belle, Billy The Avenger, Missouri Lefty, and all the volunteers that make these three able to host a quality event.

I look forward to watching this new generation of fine individuals grow this event and plan to put this championship on my list annual must attend events.

F.S.

4 hours ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

If anyone found something to complain about they really had to dig. Excellent match!!

Well, there was that guy who turned on the irrigation system on us today....

Seriously, thanks all y'all!

20 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

How do you find the scores? Just curious.

Rye,

I found it under the Shooting Events icon on the top banner of the SASS web site.  It's run by the Midwest Gunfighters, but there is no info on the SASS club page listing.  I don't recall the match being advertised on the SASS site.  It looks like it was a good match.  Maybe next year.

Tex

6 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Rye,

I found it under the Shooting Events icon on the top banner of the SASS web site.  It's run by the Midwest Gunfighters, but there is no info on the SASS club page listing.  I don't recall the match being advertised on the SASS site.  It looks like it was a good match.  Maybe next year.

Tex

I still can't find the scores, maybe they're not listed yet. No biggie, I'm just curious is all!

All the above and then more!  It was an awesome match and we look forward to returning next year. Great big thank you to Taco Belle, Billy, Lefty and all the many others involved in making it happen. 

Congratulations to Missouri Lefty and Two Sons overall match winners. Also, congratulations to Turkey Legs and Fast Fingers overall Illinois State champions!  Way to go. 

Dixie & Reno

This was a fantastic match!

It was a well  thought out match. The food on the range was great, The banquet was impressive. 

Thank you for all the tremendous effort by the whole team.

A big plus was the camping. It was spectacular. The first time camping with full hookup for me. That was nice! 

20 hours ago, Turkey Legs #48384 said:

I will second what Flying Shootist said ... a well planned shoot from start to finish...you guys deserve a round of applause and a good nap after what you put together for us! So glad to see it back in Illinois and at Sparta! 

Good shooting, TL.  See you in Feb. at WR.

Tex

Billy and Taco Belle, along with their team, did a lot of work for the Matches and it showed.

The Wild Bunch Match was well received with good round count, scenarios, and target distance.

The Banquet for this match, at the range with The Butcher's Block was superb!

The Cowboy Match was also well organized.  Target placement was great and the scenarios were fun.

There was a good, well organized Saturday Night Banquet.

The Award Presentation on Sunday, after the Match (and the morning showers), was one of the best organized ceremonies I have attended!  Jean Duke was an Excellent Master of Ceremonies.  His voice, along with the well tuned sound system allowed the presentations to be well heard.

Thanks for a Great set of State championship Matches.

By the way, the caliber of competition, from Missouri Lefty and Two Sons, the Overall Winners, Fast Fingers and Turkey Legs, the State Champions, and all the way through the list of participants was as good as at any Big Match I have attended!

Archived