SASS Wire Forum

Got a legal question

Alpo

This came to me in a dream last night.

I croak. They find my will, and I left everything to Hardpan. He yells YIPPEE!!!, and quickly moves into my palatial mansion and start spending my fortune.

6 months or so later, after he has wasted a couple million dollars on big boy's toys, a new, "later" will is found, leaving everything to Utah Bob.

They boot Hardpan to the curb, since he is now a trespasser. But does he have to pay back the couple of million dollars he's blown?

Or is poor Bobby just SOL?

Never mind the legal mumbo jumbo, just leave your multi million dollar estate to me in your next will.

Duffield

BUT,  what is about 2 years after UB takes over, they discover that UB was the person that

caused your croak condition.

Would it revert back to Hardpan?

Remember, the Hardpan Will is no longer valid.

..........Widder

They find the will, put it into probate giving everyone a chance to make claims against the estate, as well as forge, oh I mean find, a newer will.  When probate closes some months later, you get the bucks.  

The real lawyers will tell tell you better than I.

Come on, we all know the lawyers will get it all. They the ones who make the wills.:wacko:

Interesting I'm reading Sycamore Row by John Grisham and it desribes something sorta similar to what your saying. I haven't finished the book yet so if anyone has DON'T GIVE AWAY THE END PLEASE??

According to what I've read so far the most recent will nixes the previous one.:unsure:

Archived