SASS Wire Forum

Birthday Surprise...!

Hit sixty-eight yesterday.  

Had my annual physical ~ all the numbers are between the goal posts.  Looks like I'll be around a while.

Best part, though, was gifts from the Kid - a darned good cee-gar, and he found and renovated a "new" ancient post vise for me!  Been Jonesin' for one for years!!  :lol:

At 35 lbs, it's sorta petite, but just fine for the hobby 'smithing I do.  Date stamped 1900 ~ only 119 years old, and prolly has more life left in it than I do!  ^_^

133322197_DadsPostVise.thumb.jpg.885c9c6092103ed15a3158f29aad15d8.jpg     1949393995_DinnerBell-Start.thumb.jpg.d1a604ea089b5e9b026d372f2dab4785.jpg    776163553_RockoBlacksmith1.thumb.jpg.d97d980765484b1ba0d2a06ed7868a0b.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLE MAN!!

Happy Birthday, you lucky Curmudgeon!

I've been hinting for new knees for a few years. So far, no go.

How about you cobbling up a pair for me??:D

Very cool. I love to get antique stuff for my birthday.

Hardpan:

214332730_1951AgedToPerfection.png.fcb4508aed6cce0a1579a2e2b57490da.png

Happy Belated Birthday!! :D

Thanks, All!  :lol:

Fun stuff!  ^_^

J-Bar, "Forged in Fire" ain't in my future ~ the only thing I'll ever have to do with that stuff is to admire those with the skills and talent I don't have.  But I do enjoy it!  Been 'way too hot to stand over a forge for a few months now; looking forward to cooler Fall weather.

Next thing I need to do is to build a propane forge.  Coal is darned hard to come by in these parts; local supplier hasn't had any for months.  And it's pricey when you can find it - a buck a pound for the "economy sized" fifty lb bag!  :blink:

Happy Belated Birthday !!!!!

And with goal post  physical numbers, here's to many more.

Archived