SASS Wire Forum

Mad at JAG

Trigger Mike

I'm watching a JAG reruns and a Marine general said another Marine officer was in the first gulf war at the Battle of Medina Ridge.  I am ticked.  The marines were not anywhere near Medina Ridge. I would know.   Why do Marines piggy back on things the Army does?

Relax.  I don't think the Marines are trying to "piggy back".  This is just another case of uninformed Hollywood script writers.

I wouldn't look at Hollywood entertainment if I were looking for historical accuracy, especially when it comes to the military.

TM!!  It’s a television show for Pete’s sake!!  It wasn’t written or produced by Marines!!  Don’t blame them for materials generated by clueless Hollywood types!!

Clueless liberals are everywhere. Let me point to lines from two well-known rock songs from famous social justice warriors:

"Early morning, April 4, a shot rings out in the Memphis sky" - U2, Pride (in the Name of Love) (1983)

Martin Luther King Jr. was murdered during the evening of April 4, not morning. You'd think a MLK lover like Bono would've known that.

"I had a brother at Khe Sanh, fighting off the Viet Cong" - Bruce Springsteen, Born in the USA (1984)

The Viet Cong wasn't at Khe Sanh. The enemy combatants were NVA regulars. Again, somebody didn't bother to get out a history book.

BTW if you want to see some really bad military TV shows, go on YouTube and find anything made in India. I watched one once that was so comical I had to keep watching just for the fun of it. For example the rifles they were carrying were clearly fake props made out of everyday items. Either their laws or their production budget was so bad they couldn't even use Airsoft guns.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The Viet Cong wasn't at Khe Sanh. The enemy combatants were NVA regulars. Again, somebody didn't bother to get out a history book

NVA does not rhyme with Khe Sanh.

And pretty much, nobody that was not actually over there, cares. They were all Cong. All Charlie. Except Marvin, and I heard he was Cong a lot of the time.

19 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I hate when a tv soldier says “Sir, yes Sir”

I thought SIR, YES SIR was strictly a Marine thing, and even then it was just at Boot Camp.

NCIS. Christmas show, pregnant Marine Captain. She went into labor, and wanted Gibbs to deliver the baby, while Ziva went and fought bad guys.

Gibbs asked her if she was requesting favoritism, and she said SIR YES SIR.

Didn't know officers said "yes sir" to gunnery sergeants.

16 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

When you're in labor and a Gunny is the only one there to help, you say anything you think he wants to hear...  :unsure:

The troop in question was NOT in labor (or even doing labor), but says "Yessir!" to an NCO, who snapped back, "Don't say, 'Sir' to me! I work for a living!" I just grinned at him from behind the young troop's back! B)

If you want to throw an Army officer off his game, say “aye aye Sir!” Just make sure you know he has a good sense of humor 

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I thought SIR, YES SIR was strictly a Marine thing, and even then it was just at Boot Camp.

NCIS. Christmas show, pregnant Marine Captain. She went into labor, and wanted Gibbs to deliver the baby, while Ziva went and fought bad guys.

Gibbs asked her if she was requesting favoritism, and she said SIR YES SIR.

Didn't know officers said "yes sir" to gunnery sergeants.

Gibbs is retired.

52 minutes ago, DocWard said:

If you want to throw an Army officer off his game, say “aye aye Sir!” Just make sure you know he has a good sense of humor 

Well "Yes Yes Sir" doesn't roll off the tongue as well as  "Aye Aye Sir" :P

Besides as a former Sailor so I should be able to get away "Aye Aye Sir" ;)

A couple of times, over the 12 or so years I have on DVD, I've heard him tell someone, "Don't call me sir - I work for a living".

Now, aside from being tied for first place with, "Mr. Smith is my father - call me Joe" as the stupidest statement ever to come out of the mouth of a human being, it argues against him being a drill instructor.

On 9/6/2019 at 1:41 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Clueless liberals are everywhere. Let me point to lines from two well-known rock songs from famous social justice warriors:

"Early morning, April 4, a shot rings out in the Memphis sky" - U2, Pride (in the Name of Love) (1983)

Martin Luther King Jr. was murdered during the evening of April 4, not morning. You'd think a MLK lover like Bono would've known that.

"I had a brother at Khe Sanh, fighting off the Viet Cong" - Bruce Springsteen, Born in the USA (1984)

The Viet Cong wasn't at Khe Sanh. The enemy combatants were NVA regulars. Again, somebody didn't bother to get out a history book.

NVA or North Vietnamese Army doesn't sing.

Hollywierd has to do this so that the news media can keep up on proper wording for military terms along with weapons terms and description of guns.:rolleyes:

AYE AYE SIR:   This is an acknowledgment of understanding and complying to a command from someone

of senior authority or command.

Sir, Yes Sir:   This is an acceptable reply not ONLY restricted to complying to a command, but also

an acceptable manner to answer a 'YES' question.

Sir, NO Sir:   This is an acceptable reply to answer a 'NO' question.

The usage of AYE AYE SIR is not proper to use in a YES answer to a question. 

..........Widder

Archived