SASS Wire Forum

While We're Talking About Walmart.......

Calamity Kris

For informational purposes only. 

Here are some of the other services/companies owned by Walmart.  I was surprised at a few of them......

Vudu

Moosejaw

Jet.com

Hayneedle

Shoes.com

Modcloth

Bonobos

Eloquii

Bare Necessities

Art.com

Allswell

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about these companies when all they are concerned about is their bottom line. We know that Krogers also stopped selling guns and ammo last year. Recently the local Fred Meyer (owned by Krogers) was remodeled, and when they were done the automotive section disappeared except for a tiny section selling motor oil and fuel additives. I asked a salesman and he said they wanted to concentrate on groceries and housewares and get rid of most of their automotive, hardware, lawn & garden and sporting goods. It's frustrating to me because Fred Meyers used to be my one-stop shop for virtually everything... ammo, oil, screws, grass seed, socks and food. Now it's just socks and food.

3 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

For informational purposes only. 

Here are some of the other services/companies owned by Walmart.  I was surprised at a few of them......

Vudu

Moosejaw

Jet.com

Hayneedle

Shoes.com

Modcloth

Bonobos

Eloquii

Bare Necessities

Art.com

Allswell

Never heard of one of them!

So Walmart says they request  we don't carry in their store. What happens if we do? Kick us out and not let us buy from them??

Do they really think some moron intent on doing harm is going to not go in their store because they have a sign out?

Living in a small town, I have a difficult time buying clothes.  There isn't much available for me.  That's how I know a number of these on-line retailers.  I have purchased from them in the past, in the past being the operative. 

1 hour ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

So Walmart says they request  we don't carry in their store. What happens if we do? Kick us out and not let us buy from them??

Do they really think some moron intent on doing harm is going to not go in their store because they have a sign out?

Good question. Note the official wording does not specifically say that open-carried guns are not allowed, only that they ask that customers not do so in their store. Sounds to me like they're just trying to appease the left and will be instructing their store managers to deal with it on a case-by-case basis. After all, who would have the guts to approach a customer carrying a gun and tell them to leave the store? I doubt anyone would except an actual police officer.

Archived