SASS Wire Forum

And May I Say, Even With Antici...

Subdeacon Joe

I've never understood this type of thing.

I'm the President of Alpo University. A group of 50 students shows up at my office, telling me, "We DEMAND you do such and such, and this and that. If you do not accede to our DEMANDS, we will do this thing".

Hmmmmm.

"You're expelled, and you're expelled, and you're expelled. The whole lot of you is expelled. You have 6 hours to remove yourself and your belongings from my college campus, or you will be arrested for trespass. Now get the hell out of my office, or you will be arrested right now."

Oh, but Alpo, these are young minds that need to be cultivated and allowed to express themselves as they learn...:blink:

I agree with you. I am sick of these self-entitled little dipwads. It appears that someone at the University in Joe’s posting was as well...whenever that was printed.

They just went about saying it much better than I would have.

I personally feel that I have increased my knowledge base tremendously after attending many of the classes (Posts/Threads) that have been presented by the ALPO University here on the SASS SALOON Forum.

1720805480_AlpoUniversity.png.709465a66aa2c65fccac3c152d6354e4.png

The Alpo.png.441e6dc9652416040ba7ac6e0139fd16.pngUniversity

well we can safely assume that college administration wasn't run by liberals. :lol:

Years ago when I was at a University getting my B.S., we had an opportunity to demonstrate.  The kind fathers moved the chapel from where it had been in the dorm to a new location without even a by your leave from the student body.  So, we went to the Jesuits resident hall and protested this in a loud and unruly way.  The kind father's representative informed us that he would not speak to the crowd.  He would speak to three representatives that the group elected to see him.  We did as directed.  They went in to speak with the Director.  In a few moments they came out and we retired to the dorm to see what was said.  Jesuits can be quite terse at times and this was one of them.  In a nutshell - we could agree with the decision to move the chapel, or tolerate the move of the chapel, or we could get the 77EH out of the university.  It only took a few moments to come to a decision.  We tolerated the decision and went back to our rooms to study.  Reality is such a bore.  I have kept this philosophy tucked in my head and use it whenever I run into an unpleasant situation.  Change is NOT always possible.  I put on my big boy pants and run the three alternatives and come to a course of action.  Works for me - Thank Fathers for the lesson in reality.  Kids today did not get that sage advice.  Pity.

STL Suomi

On 9/6/2019 at 8:55 PM, Alpo said:

I've never understood this type of thing.

I'm the President of Alpo University. A group of 50 students shows up at my office, telling me, "We DEMAND you do such and such, and this and that. If you do not accede to our DEMANDS, we will do this thing".

Hmmmmm.

"You're expelled, and you're expelled, and you're expelled. The whole lot of you is expelled. You have 6 hours to remove yourself and your belongings from my college campus, or you will be arrested for trespass. Now get the hell out of my office, or you will be arrested right now."

I am so signing up to your Uni for a Bachelor of Arts in Logic and Philosophy with a Major in Critical Thinking:D 

Brings back memories of when I went off to college - San Francisco State College, 1969, with S I "Samurai Sam" Hayakawa as president.  :rolleyes:

Demonstration with a sound truck and loudspeakers?  No problem.  Ol' S I just crawled up and ripped the wires loose.  Marching and demonstrating on the lawn?  No problem.  Just turn on the sprinklers.  Students "on strike" and boycotting classes?  No prob... Flunk 'em!  :lol:

Okay ~ a quick anecdote:

The men of Kappa Phi Delta had an open house planned for parents and family.  Someone (I ain't sayin' who!) came up with the most excellent idea of inviting S I hisself!  

Jump ahead to the day of the event, early one Saturday afternoon.  Ol' Hank was in his first-floor room, which had been the library of the four-story, 1904 built "mansion."  Just out of the shower, partially dressed but shirtless, tidying up when the doorbell rang.  He stepped out of his room and opened the front door - holding a bottle of Old Crow in his left hand and a Winchester '97 in his right.  

And there stood S I Hayakawa and an aide.

The aide's eyes popped wide and he immediately took two steps back.  

Hank, recognizing the famed academic, grinned, thrust out the shotgun to S I, who grabbed it, freeing Hank's right hand.  Hank then grasped S I's hand and pumped it and welcomed him to Kappa Phi Delta.

Without so much as a hiccup or blink, S I smiled back, looked at the shotgun, and declared "My!  A Model Eighteen Ninety Seven Winchester!  Why... I used to hunt ducks with one of these when I was growing up in Canada!"

He examined the gun and chatted with Hank for a moment, then handed it back, summoned his pale and by now partially re-composed aide, and moseyed on upstairs to meet the frat men and their families.  :)

When he ran for Senate in '76, he got ALL our votes!  ^_^

How do you open a door holding a scattergun in one hand and a bottle in t’other?

:lol:

I always have to put the booze down. 

Unless I have one of those special hats.

https://giphy.com/gifs/oYdAs9ZzzmUlG/html5

Just now, Utah Bob #35998 said:

How do you open a door holding a scattergun in one hand and a bottle in t’other?

Skill!  :lol:

Not hard, holding a bottle by the neck.  :)

The lad was experienced!   ^_^

10 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Door handles!!  Knobs are much more difficult to manipulate!

21 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Door handles!!  Knobs are much more difficult to manipulate!

That’s why al the doors in Europe have handles I reckon. Wine or bier is everywhere.

Bad news is it makes it too easy for cats.

Archived