SASS Wire Forum

SASS Affiliated clubs

Fargo Bill, SASS #4942

The post that you replied to was indeed a SASS member and you made it sound that he was a taker.

That was my impression I got from your post and I probably was not the only one.

Maybe you should have made your self clearer who you were talking about.

For your information I am a member, as my post shows.  As are most of those that I shoot with at these clubs.

I also attend regionals and state level matches.  I also run or assist in running parts of these matches.

The posted question was why some clubs are unaffiliated.  I gave some reasons.

I didn't get personal or state anything derogatory or belittling of anyone's' decisions.

1 hour ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

The post that you replied to was indeed a SASS member and you made it sound that he was a taker.

That was my impression I got from your post and I probably was not the only one.

Maybe you should have made your self clearer who you were talking about.

I was clear...

Your attempted analogy was faulty...in my opinion.

Phantom

One downside of a club not being affiliated is the loss of revenue for SASS. If you have a club not affiliated and 20 members who do not shoot outside of this club, they will no longer need to pay SASS membership fees. So, at $65 a member paying renew Membership a year x 20 members, that = $1,300 in loss revenue for SASS + the extra $50 a year being affiliated with SASS. Now multiply that by how many clubs no longer with SASS, and you have a pretty large chunk of loss revenue.:(

A person that was exploring the possibility of joining SASS, y'all think that by reading this thread, that person would be encouraged to join SASS?

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

A person that was exploring the possibility of joining SASS, y'all think that by reading this thread, that person would be encouraged to join SASS?

And you think that this is any different then 90% of the posts on the Wire?

3 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Hahaha!!

Too funny ... That you make this post right after you made this post:

Again, folks try to be someone they are not on the internet... phony fasade.

Now excuse me, but I'm going to take my as..hole and opinion and go shooting! Wildcat Ridge, here I come!!

Oh, and support SASS...you tight wads!!!!

Phantom

So why isn't Wildcat Ridge a SASS affiliate?

5 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

So why isn't Wildcat Ridge a SASS affiliate?

Don't know, don't care.

Not a member... But I would care if one of it's officers or members got on this forum and bitched about the SASS affiliated program.

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Don't know, don't care.

Not a member... But I would care if one of it's officers or members got on this forum and bitched about the SASS affiliated program.

Don't care? Interesting.

Personally I want every club I shoot with to be SASS affiliated, benefits everyone in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Smoken D said:

One downside of a club not being affiliated is the loss of revenue for SASS. If you have a club not affiliated and 20 members who do not shoot outside of this club, they will no longer need to pay SASS membership fees. So, at $65 a member paying renew Membership a year x 20 members, that = $1,300 in loss revenue for SASS + the extra $50 a year being affiliated with SASS. Now multiply that by how many clubs no longer with SASS, and you have a pretty large chunk of loss revenue.:(

So how does SASS entice these members and clubs to renew their affiliation? 

12 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I believe the SASS board is trying to address this situation. It is not an easy answer that can be solved by the members, but by the SASS board.

12 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Well, if all SASS did was maintain membership, affiliate clubs, keep the rules current, provide four quarterly magazines, provide a website, keep an orderly State, Regional, Territorial, National & World Champion match platform and do so with a small staff all for a my small annual fee & measly club fees...…….I'd be completely satisfied. I think SASS does a great job!  

12 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Personally I want every club I shoot with to be SASS affiliated, benefits everyone in my opinion.

It has been said multiple times here on the wire, if you don't like something then vote with your feet. Don't go to their shoot. That is exactly what I do. I will not shoot at a club that is not affiliated. What I do instead is contact them periodically and try to get them to change their position. 

On 9/7/2019 at 7:07 AM, Smoken D said:

Shooters don't have to be SASS members in order to shoot at any of the club's I attend. Many shooters bailed due to the increase in annual fees and choose only to shoot monthly matches and no longer attend state level and above matches. Thus, the downturn in attendance of SASS sanctioned matches. Many of the shooters are still participating, they are not willing to cough up the $20 extra.

36 minutes ago, Major BS Walker Regulator said:

It has been said multiple times here on the wire, if you don't like something then vote with your feet. Don't go to their shoot. That is exactly what I do. I will not shoot at a club that is not affiliated. What I do instead is contact them periodically and try to get them to change their position. 

Oh, I get it. 

So it's join by duress.

How's about you shoot these clubs, represent SASS in a positive light (being a SASS regulator and all), and sell them on the benefits of being a SASS Affiliated Club. Wouldn't that be a more benifitial relationship????

Phantom

49 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Oh, I get it. 

So it's join by duress.

How's about you shoot these clubs, represent SASS in a positive light (being a SASS regulator and all), and sell them on the benefits of being a SASS Affiliated Club. Wouldn't that be a more benifitial relationship????

Phantom

You are correct except for one item, these other officers from non affiliated clubs I see regularly at affiliated club events else ware every other month or so. One club has re-affiliated itself do to lack of attendance for leaving.

17 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Don't care? Interesting.

I don’t. I love sass, but the non sass clubs I shoot at have more freedom to make rules that sass doesn’t allow, such as stoking shotguns or rifle calibers. 

As as great as I think sass is, I’m always a proponent for competition. Sass being the only game in town does not benefit everyone in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I don’t. I love sass, but the non sass clubs I shoot at have more freedom to make rules that sass doesn’t allow, such as stoking shotguns or rifle calibers. 

FWIW - SASS rules DO allow "stoking of shotguns".

- Shotguns are always staged open and empty and are loaded on the clock unless the stage begins with the shotgun in the shooter’s hands. 

SHB p.16

- Pump and lever action shotguns are allowed to load no more than two live rounds at a time in the main match stages unless specified in the stage description

SHB p.27

Archived