SASS Wire Forum

WR Hotel Prices

Hawkeye Kid

Wow - just made reservations for WR.  Been staying at the Hampton Inn, Anthem for past few year.  Price went from $114/night to $172/night, that is with the Ben Avery discount.  Anyone seeing similar increases?

Winter Range is a week later this year also thing called spring training starts then. The discount are pet in place about the first of December.  My need a new place.

Can't speak about WR motels, but everywhere I go they are way overpriced anymore. Good luck using your NRA discount, state employee discount or anything else. They seldom seem to help anymore.........:angry:

10 minutes ago, Fence Cutter said:

Can't speak about WR motels, but everywhere I go they are way overpriced anymore. Good luck using your NRA discount, state employee discount or anything else. They seldom seem to help anymore.........:angry:

The SASS discount at Comfort Inn in Edgewood, New Mexico for EOT helped a bunch. Thank you SASS.

Just now, Yul Lose said:

The SASS discount at Comfort Inn in Edgewood, New Mexico for EOT helped a bunch. Thank you SASS.

Thanks Y.L. for that heads up! I may be using that in the upcoming year, and it's good to know that some discounts are really discounts!!!!!

41 minutes ago, Fence Cutter said:

Thanks Y.L. for that heads up! I may be using that in the upcoming year, and it's good to know that some discounts are really discounts!!!!!

If I remember right it saved over $20.00 per night, adds up on a 7 night stay. They have a great free breakfast every morning, ice cream in the lobby many nights and chips and dip most evenings. 

The breakfast alone would cost $7-10.00 more at Denny’s just down the street so if you add all of the freebies and discount up you’re looking at $40.00 per night discount. Definitely worth joining SASS for if you’re going to EOT, just saying.

Have you thought about renting a house? We did the homeaway.com thing in 2018 and got a great house. We've got a different house in 2020 that looks, in the pics on the website, like it should be just as nice...

I did an online search for rooms in North Phoenix for the week of WR.  Most rent for $200 an night.  The Hampton Inn price in Anthem with discount is competitive.  I did find a B&B for $109 an night.  I would have booked that except I will be camping in a Maricopa County Park for $32 a night.

YL, your report on the Comfort Inn in Edgewood is encouraging.  I suspect that after-hours in the lobby is as good a social experience as camping on range at FR.

6 minutes ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

I did an online search for rooms in North Phoenix for the week of WR.  Most rent for $200 an night.  The Hampton Inn price in Anthem with discount is competitive.  I did find a B&B for $109 an night.  I would have booked that except I will be camping in a Maricopa County Park for $32 a night.

YL, your report on the Comfort Inn in Edgewood is encouraging.  I suspect that after-hours in the lobby is as good a social experience as camping on range at FR.

There were quite a few shooters that hung out in the lobby in the evening. Billy The Avenger and his wife Taco Belle, some Tennessee and Australian pards as well. Don’t challenge Billy The Avenger In Jenga, you’ll lose.:D

We stayed at the Drury Hotel at WR last year ! They had a SASS rate for there rooms and are REAL friendly

It was a little pricey except that when you add in all the benefits ,it made sense and looked cheap/reasonable in comparison.

They have a great hot breakfast  ,AND , they serve tons of hot appetizers  along with three (3) free drinks per person  per night during their happy hour.

We didn't bother to go out to eat most nights because of the great appetizers and drinks. This alone saved the difference between this hotel and any others !

It also seemed a little more convienient to get to Ben Avery from there versus the Hampton in Anthem where we stayed the year before.

Just my two cents worth..............

Archived