SASS Wire Forum

Walgreens

Utah Bob #35998

Well, they don't mention concealed and IF I could carry here in Canada, I would carry concealed.

I mean, think of it: Some thug decides to get frisky and a CCW holder pulls out his SURPRISE!

Too bad that will never happen here in Canada for legal firearms owners.

Open carry is just plain stupid anyways .

Its just looking for attention .

( in a Bad Way )

But I stopped shopping at Walgreens 15 years ago .

When they thought is was a good idea to stop selling beer.

I switched to Rite aid  across the street and never went back .

I know that backfired on them and they started selling beer again .

But whats the point in switching back .

Im happy at Rite aid .

Just sayin .

Rooster 

6 minutes ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Open carry is just plain stupid anyways .

Its just looking for attention .

( in a Bad Way )

But I stopped shopping at Walgreens 15 years ago .

When they thought is was a good idea to stop selling beer.

I switched to Rite aid  across the street and never went back .

I know that backfired on them and they started selling beer again .

But whats the point in switching back .

Im happy at Rite aid .

Just sayin .

Rooster 

Walgreens in California sells booze. I found that out when I visited my sister last year. Depends on State laws of course. Not in Colorado.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704515704575282370477702814

Just because something is legal doesn’t make it a good idea.Why antagonize people. To me the only reason for open carry is to call attention to yourself. Hey look at me I have a gun aren’t I macho

They can ask.......

Yes, just keep it hidden, whether you have a permit or not, and don't advertise. Here in AZ, we don't have to kiss anyone's behind any longer to keep one in our pocket.

PF

1 hour ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

Yes, just keep it hidden, whether you have a permit or not, and don't advertise. Here in AZ, we don't have to kiss anyone's behind any longer to keep one in our pocket.

PF

Yeah, why give up the element of surprise.

Legal or not (it ain't), if I go into a store in this area and see someone open-carrying and not wearin' a uniform or displaying  badge, I'm outta there quick.  I hope!  :mellow:

Now ~ non-sequitur....  Back about 1972, I was with my buddy Bill the evening we went into a Long's Drugs in Daley City.  Bill bought a Sako Finnbear in 7mm Remington Magnum, and the fella threw in a nice leather sling and a box of ammo.  Walked out the door with it ~ $150.   :)

Those were the days!  :lol:

Sadly... the family-owned Longs chain has since been bought out by CVS...  :(

In Oregon open carry is legal. In some towns it isn’t, like that S’hole, Portland. 

I open carried once in my town after a shooting trip in the woods. It didn’t seem to bother anyone but it bothered me. I much prefer concealed carry and even when I move somewhere that open carry is legal again I will carry concealed.

Ohio is an open carry state, in fact we had open carry BEFORE we had concealed carry! I hardly ever see anyone open carrying. I live in a suburb and even in the rural areas I don't see many if any!

I have open carried before.

But only in a combat zone, while wearing a badge, and at CAS matches.  ;)

On 9/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

So I guess those dudes down in Texas who used to think they could walk into stores with AR-15s slung over their shoulder are no longer welcome? Even the NRA told them not to do that once, and they got chewed out for it.

That's actually legal here. Not that I'd ever do it unless under some extreme condition.

JHC

On 9/5/2019 at 3:19 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I worked for them briefly. First day I saw they were based in Ill Noise. Aw, H#LL!!

JHC

49 minutes ago, Charlie Plasters, SASS#60943 said:

Concealed carry is real hard in AZ during the summer months

Hawaiian shirt.:lol:

When I was a child it was common to see men walk about with a revolver on their hip.  Almost all of the farmers did.  There were bears and large wolves and in deer season there were bucks that got irritated quickly if you were walking thru their territory on a shortcut to the house.  I never thought about it as being threatening.  Somehow that got turned upside down and it is viewed as Dangerous.  When I am on my property or in the woods, I carry openly - I do not care who I offend (Bears, LARGE dogs with Large teeth, or frustrated bucks (two legged or 4 legged).

STL Suomi

If I am not welcome to open carry I may still have reason to enter such an establishment, but I may still be carrying. I will not pull my piece to stop a robbery, only to stop an active shooter. If a company doesnt care about my rights I sure dont care about their profits.

Imis

On 9/6/2019 at 9:36 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I have open carried before.

But only in a combat zone, while wearing a badge, and at CAS matches.  ;)

As a plainclothes officer my summer uniform consisted of tan slacks and a polo shirt. The shirt had my department name and badge embroidered on it along with my name. My badge was clipped to my belt next to my gun and I was still a little self conscious  

52 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

As a plainclothes officer my summer uniform consisted of tan slacks and a polo shirt. The shirt had my department name and badge embroidered on it along with my name. My badge was clipped to my belt next to my gun and I was still a little self conscious  

That's not what I calls plainclothes. ;)

45 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

I was a detective not an undercover officer 

A Pekerton detinctive?

Enquiring minds want to know! :D

8 minutes ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

A Pekerton detinctive?

Enquiring minds want to know! :D

No I was a real police detective and a deputy US Marshall 

Archived