SASS Wire Forum

How (and why) would you make a silk lined flag?

Alpo

In one of THE CAT WHO books, they are arguing at a city council meeting. The flag they have only has 48 stars, and one of the people at the meeting says it's not a legal flag.

Rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb.

Then this interior decorator pops up and says that the flag they have is an extremely expensive flag, and the city does not have the money to replace it with a flag of similar quality.

"It would have to be custom-made. This flag is one-hundred percent virgin wool, lined with silk—very unusual. The stripes are individually stitched, and the stars are embroidered on the blue field. It was ordered through my studio."

Lined with silk???

The only thing that I can think of is that they have 2 flags, sewn together, with a piece of silk between the sides.

Which does not make a whole lot of sense.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

According to the interwebs there is no such thing.

Ah, young grasshopper Pat.

For the true answer, you must look within.

525609625_Mastergrasshopper.png.42fac6d8f139b2f673e55385f4c25b5a.png

Regiments in the 18th and 19th centuries would often have silk banners because they flew nicely in the lightest breeze. 

I have seen many elaborate, high quality flags in my day. But never a wool flag, which would hang like a blanket on a staff. And never one "lined" with silk.

Howdy 

The statement is that the flag is unusual.

So looking to how things are usually done seems counter productive.

And a flag could be made out of most any material I suppose.

Isnt this all something out of a kids book? 

forgetabouttitt.

Best

CR

8 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Isnt this all something out of a kids book?

No. 28 book series of murder mysteries. Adult novels, but the entire series is named THE CAT WHO something or other.

The cat who saw red. The cat who played post office. The cat who talked to birds. The cat who played Brahms. Like that.

I can only assume that you saw THE CAT in my original post, and your brain finished it as IN THE HAT?

Just now, Alpo said:

No. 28 book series of murder mysteries. Adult novels, but the entire series is named THE CAT WHO something or other.

The cat who saw red. The cat who played post office. The cat who talked to birds. The cat who played Brahms. Like that.

I can only assume that you saw THE CAT in my original post, and your brain finished it as IN THE HAT?

The cat who joined SASS. :lol:

Archived