SASS Wire Forum

yearly membership raffle?

Boomstick Bruce

The "4 aces" raffle got me thinking... why not do a monthly raffle for a one year SASS membership? proceeds pay the membership for the winner for one year SASS membership and the rest goes into the scholarship fund... do it every month... it made two grand in what? 3 days? imagine what could be done with 30...

9 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

The "4 aces" raffle got me thinking... why not do a monthly raffle for a one year SASS membership? proceeds pay the membership for the winner for one year SASS membership and the rest goes into the scholarship fund... do it every month... it made two grand in what? 3 days? imagine what could be done with 30...

This raffle was launched in June- it was advertised! It was on the SASS homepage on the website for 3 months, and was also in several member bulletin email broadcasts to all members. 

I can assure you we wanted a whole lot more entries that we received- it is for a great cause- the SASS Scholarship! 

8 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

This raffle was launched in June- it was advertised! It was on the SASS homepage on the website for 3 months, and was also in several member bulletin email broadcasts to all members. 

I can assure you we wanted a whole lot more entries that we received- it is for a great cause- the SASS Scholarship! 

Which shows how many people visit the homepage and/or read the member bulletin, which apparently is not many. Emails, especially those that go to gmail end up in the spam folder.

There were a LOT of folks that had no clue about this until it was posted here.

2 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Which shows how many people visit the homepage and/or read the member bulletin, which apparently is not many. Emails, especially those that go to gmail end up in the spam folder.

There were a LOT of folks that had no clue about this until it was posted here.

I was about to say the same thing, thank you TC...

10 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

That is a great idea. I'll look into the logistics. 

And, again... the Four Aces ran for 3 months- not 3 days. 

Misty

4 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

That is a great idea. I'll look into the logistics. 

And, again... the Four Aces ran for 3 months- not 3 days. 

Misty

I, like a lot of other people, only found out about it here on the wire, i checked my email on the first and bought my ticket... that's why i thought it only ran for 3 days...

anyway, moving on...

on another forum I'm on they do a contest where everyone pitches in $10 and at the end of the month a winner is drawn and gets the whole pot... usually around $200... that forum has much less traffic than the wire!

at $5 a "ticket" you would only need 13 (lucky?) people to play just for it to pay for itself...

call it the "lucky 13 raffle"

one ticket per player per month

you can only win once in a 13 month time period (there's that 13 again!!!) so if you win in january, you cant win again until the next february..

maybe do the drawing on the 13th (lucky)

and the winners alias can be "lucky *********" for the year they won! so if i won, my alias next year would be "lucky" boomstick bruce...

Im just spitballing here but i think it would be fun!

2 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

I, like a lot of other people, only found out about it here on the wire, i checked my email on the first and bought my ticket... that's why i thought it only ran for 3 days...

anyway, moving on...

on another forum I'm on they do a contest where everyone pitches in $10 and at the end of the month a winner is drawn and gets the whole pot... usually around $200... that forum has much less traffic than the wire!

at $5 a "ticket" you would only need 13 (lucky?) people to play just for it to pay for itself...

call it the "lucky 13 raffle"

one ticket per player per month

you can only win once in a 13 month time period (there's that 13 again!!!) so if you win in january, you cant win again until the next february..

maybe do the drawing on the 13th (lucky)

and the winners alias can be "lucky *********" for the year they won! so if i won, my alias next year would be "lucky" boomstick bruce...

Im just spitballing here but i think it would be fun!

That would be fun. 

I'll look into it. 

Thanks!
Misty

May generate more interest if a ticket was good for the year with 12 winners, one per month, drawn the last day of the month. If purchased in January you would have 12 chances, less if purchased later, good only for the calender year. This would provide incentive to purchase earlier. 

Could even have a grand prize of life membership for the December winner.

Archived