SASS Wire Forum

Well,   I'm hitting the road and leaving the Wire behind.

Probably the next time I'm on here will be after I've been demolished by the OKIE TORNADO KID.

Safe travels everyone, especially my good buddy, Red Knee!

No doubt, he's a great sport and a great 97 shooter.

..........Widder

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The range is ready, the food vendor will be serving breakfast in the morning. 

Don’t forget “Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink” tomorrow. Please donate to the American Cancer Society 

Hope to see everyone at the range. 

Randy879614114_Pink_Cowboy1.jpg.bcb88fd4672b0e91d97b07f2610dc2e4.jpg 

5 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

Can anyone give an update on how the side matches went? Pictures or videos would be great too. 

Lots of folks wearing pink but too much going on to get a picture of everyone. 

B7ED4427-398E-4862-B525-D7EEFD4D0100.jpeg

1F628816-3792-43D2-9DE4-89707ED4D4CF.jpeg

C0FF7B09-3515-4408-8954-9AACCE61DCDA.jpeg

EB4B3DCF-D55D-4D9C-94D4-207253564AA2.jpeg

67C6071C-2447-4B11-BF4D-82E29705CDCA.jpeg

Then there is the non PG side of "Are You Tough Enough to Wear Pink".

Sixgun Schwaby and Sixgun Seamus.

IMG_20191010_130214996.jpg

But then at least Schwaby was earning money for Cancer.

IMG_20191010_153536182.jpg

Well....inquiring minds want to know.  Who won the men's speed 97 shotgun side match?  Did some young whippersnapper show up and take it from Widder and Red Knee?  What was the lowest time?  What was the final amount of the bounty on Widder?  Details?

Kajun

12 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Well....inquiring minds want to know.  Who won the men's speed 97 shotgun side match?  Did some young whippersnapper show up and take it from Widder and Red Knee?  What was the lowest time?  What was the final amount of the bounty on Widder?  Details?

Kajun

Widder won!  I can't remember the time but it was 4.?? on 6 KD's. Widder's broke arm healed, rheumatism got better and sprained wrist healed up overnight but he limped up to get his award tonight.:lol:

Randy

On 10/10/2019 at 4:39 PM, Tennessee williams said:

We couldn't talk Imis into wearing the hat while it was being shot. 

20191010_163727.jpg

Red Knee paid $50 (to the Cancer Fund) to get the first shots on the hat. We were offered a lot bigger donation if Imis would wear it :D:P.

Randy

See y’all tomorrow. Hope that the weather co-operates.

50 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Widder won!  I can't remember the time but it was 4.?? on 6 KD's. Widder's broke arm healed, rheumatism got better and sprained wrist healed up overnight but he limped up to get his award tonight.:lol:

Randy

Dang ole coot came through and won it. It’s amazing what a little rheumatiz “medicine” will do! :D

Kajun

I knew nobody could hit a moving target

On 10/10/2019 at 4:39 PM, Tennessee williams said:

We couldn't talk Imis into wearing the hat while it was being shot. 

20191010_163727.jpg

It was a fitting send off for a fine old hat. Son of Hat made a debut today.

Imis

8 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Dang ole coot came through and won it. It’s amazing what a little rheumatiz “medicine” will do! :D

Kajun

It must be the JIF peanut butter lube.

P.S. Nobody tell  Red Knee the CRUNCHY doesn't work as good :ph34r:

I got to visit today, toward the end of the match.  Folks were grinnin’ and there was lead flyin’!!  I heard there were 193 shooters!

Hope to be healed up and hided over this time next year so’s I can join the fun again! 

Got to see a bunch of old friends and met a few new ones!!  Nice try , Red Knee, but ol’ Widder came through again!!  All in good fun and the donations to Cancer Research are greatly appreciated!  Wanna’ posse with you ‘n’ Widder sometime!!

Like I told most of my friends, “Look for me in the spring!”:ph34r:

I'm very proud to announce that with a lot of help and gracious donations from the Cowgirls and Cowboys that came and shot the Tennessee State Championship we were able to collect $4400.00 for The American Cancer Society. For all those who donated by check I wanted to let you know all the checks went out in today's mail. 

Sixgun Seamus and High Cotton Kitty won the Pinkies for the Best Dressed Pink Cowboy and Cowgirl. There was so much pink this year the judges had a lot to look at but I think  in the end the decision was unanimous. A huge thank you to Blue Eyed Drifter and Vix-n for creating and furnishing the awards. There are so many people that help in this effort I could never list all of them but I want to offer a huge heartfelt thank you to all who helped and all who donated.

I only got a couple of pictures this year so I hope folks that got any will reply and post them.

The 1st picture is Sixgun Seamus and High Cotton Kitty with their Pinkies, this was Friday night so they didn't have on their pink costumes....

The 2nd pictures is pretty dark but from left Chickamauga Slim with his pink Tutu, Imis Twohofon with his large pink hat, me in the center but I didn't have on my pink boots (they are shown in another picture) , Vix-n and Blue Eyed Drifter. 3rd picture shows that even the Gunfighter silhouette was sporting a pink bandanna and last are my boots. Hopefully someone can post a picture of Seamus and Kitty in their winning costumes.. 

Thanks again to everyone and start thinking about what might win you the Pinkie Award next year.

Randy

IMG_5737.JPG

IMG_E5735.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5689.JPG

Great match! Lots of fun! Thanks to all who worked so hard to make this happen.

:FlagAm:Annie and I just got back today from another wonderful time in Tennessee.  The match was great, the people even better. The two of us enjoyed hosting the first vendor appreciation dinner.  We both heard a lot of positive feedback.  The dinner will be back next year.  Annie and I had three days on the road discussing the menu for next year, watch out!  The chili cook off was great again, thank you to all that participated.  The various pots of chili were awesome.

Thank you to all the people responsible for hosting this match.  The hospitality shown to the two of us over the last seven years has helped us to decide where to retire.  We have met the friendliest people ever while back in Tennessee, making us feel welcome every moment there.  None better in our estimation.  And the scenery ain't half bad either.  Yes, we have made some very good friends in them thar hills.

The State Match in Tennessee hosted by the Wartrace Regulators is a must do, so DO IT!  Enough said!

Chas B Wolfson and Apple Annie:P

Chas B Wolfson, thank you very much for the vendor appreciation dinner, I am very sorry Lady T and I could not make it. We get very involved in the camping side of the shoot and it seems I ended up being camp host this year.

We left the match and headed out your way. We have been in Apache Junction for three days doing motorcycle rides and will be in Tombstone on Monday. I feel the same way about Arizona as you do about Tennessee. Arizona is my second home and it calls to me when I am not here. I could not leave my green mountains of Tennessee for ever but I could sure spend a lot of time out here in AZ.

I love the Wartrace group and they put on one of the best matches that I plan to attend as long as I can. AZ is second for me. See you soon I am sure.

Archived