SASS Wire Forum

QUESTION:

Do any of you think its fair for someone that has a young heart and moves like a panther pick

on (whoop)  those who are feeble and have health issues, especially at a shooting event?

:D

Wouldn't it be more fair if that 'Heartless Panther' eased up on the feebled Pards and took it easy

on em? ;)

Just curious.

..........Widder

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

QUESTION:

Do any of you think its fair for someone that has a young heart and moves like a panther pick

on (whoop)  those who are feeble and have health issues, especially at a shooting event?

Wouldn't it be more fair if that 'Heartless Panther' eased up on the feebled Pards and took it easy

on em?

Just curious.

..........Widder

Would that be a Pink Panther?1424406595.thumb.png.4c71fb4cb53ecdfeb9333ba7c3912311.png

Looking good Randy St Eagle.

Looks like we will have about 7 folks for the ROI class. If anyone else is interested let me know. I need to make sure JM Brown has enough of everything.

52 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Love the color set up Randy.   Looks great.

..........Widder

r

We went with the Blue because color blind pards say they can see blue, the outline because almost everyone seems to like it and Whiskey picked the black for any place there is a forced transition or to help distinguish something different in the scenario. I hope to be able to finish tomorrow.

Randy

3 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

Wow  looking great.   First picture looks like a lot of targets. 

If Randy keeps sniffing all those paint fumes,  he gonna make some Sr Duelist very happy..... :lol:

..........Widder

6 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If Randy keeps sniffing all those paint fumes,  he gonna make some Sr Duelist very happy..... :lol:

..........Widder

Fumes, what fumes? Targets? I can’t see any targets.

Randy

11 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

11 hours ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

That's why he is painting them now !!!!!

Only The Shadow Knows!

IMG_5688.JPG

IMG_5688 (2).JPG

5 hours ago, Rolan Kraps, SASS # 24084 Life said:

I'm sure glad I checked this thread.  I forget that we're shooting 12 stages instead of 10!

Howdy ROLAN.

12 stages

side matches Thursday, including Speed Rimfire Rifle, so bring your good lever or pump .22.

Shoot the Speed Rimfire Rifle side match and be eligible to win a brick of .22 CCI Blazer (500 rounds).

Raffle for a NEW Henry .22 Golden Boy Youth model, already slicked up and modified with the Soft Stroke

mods and Slater's trigger work.

The Soft Stroke mod also includes a short stroke, which lessens the lever travel 1.25".

As for Slater's trigger work, he smoothes up the trigger/hammer sear connections.

He also drills a small hole in the frame right in front of the trigger to capture the

trigger return spring.   From the factory, there is only a hole in the trigger to hold that spring

in place.  But Slater replaces that spring and creates the hole to ensure its captured on both ends.

He also puts a stop pin behind the trigger to create a trigger stop.  

Both mods are very nice and enhance the rifles greatly.

P.S. - Even a Steam Punk'r would enjoy having a rifle like this..... ;)

..........Widder

There will be a gun vendor at the TN State this year:  Slater's In-House-Guns.

He will some good firearms AND..... he is bringing more than a dozen Henry .22 rifles to sell,

already modified, ready to rock-n-roll.

If you do your homework, you'll find out the prices on these are darn nice.

He's kept his rifle prices LOW, and we both have cut our mod work prices.

This is done just for the TN State.

If you think you want a particular rifle, let him know and he'll try to have it ready for you.

At present, he plans to bring:

1.  Golden Boy  (adult size)

2.  Golden Boy Youth  (my favorites)  He has 2 of these that are consecutive numbered.  Perfect for

a couple, Father/son, Father/daughter, etc.....

3.  Classic Standard

4.  Classic Youth

5.  Classic Frontier  (this is the octagon barrel model, black.   it has no brass or shiny stuff on it)

If ya got any questions, give him a call:   865 / 591-5129

..........Widder

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

There will be a gun vendor at the TN State this year:  Slater's In-House-Guns.

He will some good firearms AND..... he is bringing more than a dozen Henry .22 rifles to sell,

already modified, ready to rock-n-roll.

If you do your homework, you'll find out the prices on these are darn nice.

He's kept his rifle prices LOW, and we both have cut our mod work prices.

This is done just for the TN State.

If you think you want a particular rifle, let him know and he'll try to have it ready for you.

At present, he plans to bring:

1.  Golden Boy  (adult size)

2.  Golden Boy Youth  (my favorites)  He has 2 of these that are consecutive numbered.  Perfect for

a couple, Father/son, Father/daughter, etc.....

3.  Classic Standard

4.  Classic Youth

5.  Classic Frontier  (this is the octagon barrel model, black.   it has no brass or shiny stuff on it)

If ya got any questions, give him a call:   865 / 591-5129

..........Widder

The Rimfire  Side Match winning rifle may start out on Slater's table so be sure to check them out.

Randy

24 minutes ago, Red Knee said:

Just got an email from a buddy in Alabama.....looks like he's throwing another $50 bucks in for the Widder bounty!  

How much is the total bounty????

Well,  I won't be going to sleep counting sheep tonight but rather 'friends' (or not) who are

adding to the bounty.

Lets see:  $250 originally from Oklahoma Pards.

another $50 from TN Williams (who ain't got nothing better to spend his money on except Nanner Splits.

another $50 each from Krazy Kajan, Blue Eye Drifter and TN Tombstone = $150

and NOW, another $50 from an anonymous giver in Alabama.  Dang, if this ain't gone international now.

Looks like Randy is gonna collect a cool $500 so far for the 'Bounty', although it is all for a great cause.

Remember, its all for fighting Cancer.

Anybody else got the guts to 'mountie up the bounty' might as well jump in on the 'Bounty Wagon'.

Is Red Knee holding back a secret we don't know about? :ph34r:   

Roy D. Mercer would ask..... "Just how fast is this big ole boy"? :o

..........Widder

Dang, looks like I am looking at $150 if anyone can cut that rope from the draw, from the hip.

No worries here but sometimes that blind hog does find an acorn.

See you all in two weeks, I will be the one wearing pink.:lol: Just a shirt, I just cant compete with St Eagle or that dang youngster that goes by the name of Lefty. However I am quite sure he wont fit in that same pink outfit he was sporting last year.

45 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Dang, looks like I am looking at $150 if anyone can cut that rope from the draw, from the hip.

No worries here but sometimes that blind hog does find an acorn.

See you all in two weeks, I will be the one wearing pink.:lol: Just a shirt, I just cant compete with St Eagle or that dang youngster that goes by the name of Lefty. However I am quite sure he wont fit in that same pink outfit he was sporting last year.

Hey he didnt fit in that outfit last year. I'm scared to think what he has come up with this year.

5 minutes ago, Sidekick said:

Hey he didnt fit in that outfit last year. I'm scared to think what he has come up with this year.

Rumor is that he'll resemble that 'Michelin Man' in pink..... ;)

..........Widder

15 minutes ago, Sidekick said:

Pink thong and coconut bra? 

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Are we talking about TN Williiams Halloween costume?  :lol:

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Ringer said:

That's the one that got him the free nanna split.

Here I was defending yalls integrity this weekend and this is the thanks I get.          Someone accused Ringer of tying ropes on little kids' bicycle tires so they'd wreck when they jumped on them and took off. That same person said Widder was seen with his hand stuck in a coke machine trying to pull out a "free" drink. 

I want you to know, I told em. I said, stop it right there! Them's my friends you're talking about and I aint gonna stand for it! You got the names mixed up, Widders the one what was tying the rope and Ringer the one had his hand stuck in the coke machine.

See, I help yall all I can...

Archived