SASS Wire Forum

Unlike Widder and Red Knee I might be able to knock down 6 targets with a '97 in 10 or 12 seconds. But I'm very serious about collecting money for Cancer Research so I'll start with $100 and would like to challenge all Duelist shooters to donate as well. I also want to remind everyone if you want to donate by check please make it out to The American Society.  If you can't come to the match but would still like to help us with this you can mail your check to;

Randall Steagall

806 River Rock Blvd.

Murfreesboro, TN 37128.

Thank you to To Widder and Red Knee for all the interest they generate with their '97 Challenge. Thank you to Blue Eyed Drifter, Tennessee Tombstone, Chickamauga Slim, Mrs Pleasant and everyone else who helps us.

Thanks

Randy

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Red Knee said:

So Widder talks a tough talk with a 97 (and backs it up)......BUT is he tough enough to wear pink.....??????

I'll throw in another $50 bucks just to see Widder in pink.

So, Widder how tough are ya?????

If I can find a Pink cowboy shirt, will that suffice?    

I might have to saddle up ole Sadie (my horse) and head up to Pigeon Forge to 'Stages West' and

try to get me a Pink shirt, maybe one of them with all the Rhinestones, etc.....

I hope The Enchantress don't mind ole Widder dressing up like a Saturday night Pimp on Thursday.

..........Widder

26 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Evil, it's a 1/4" rope and it's only 30' away.

Randy

You cut it with a derringer the last 2 years. Last year I cut it with the revolver just fine but left a thread or two with the derringer. I aim to take it out this year. I also aim to put one of Tombstones cnotes in the jar.

1 minute ago, Tennessee williams said:

You cut it with a derringer the last 2 years. Last year I cut it with the revolver just fine but left a thread or two with the derringer. I aim to take it out this year. I also aim to put one of Tombstones cnotes in the jar.

TN,

I think Tombstone said you have to 'hip' shoot it......... not 'lip' shoot it.   :D

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

That's smokin.   Just one question:   Was it hard to break open the SG and eject the

empty hulls while the shot and wad from your previous shots were still in the barrels?  :o

..........Widder

Widder this was  my special steoger,   Hint it doesn't have two barrels

49 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

TN,

I think Tombstone said you have to 'hip' shoot it......... not 'lip' shoot it.   :D

..........Widder

Well. That does make it more difficult than what I had in mind. I'll still give it the what for though. 

8 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Them was home made from up in the hills. 

Of china

You might have been “up in the hills” from  your “purely for medicinal reasons” clear liquid additive from your DQ nanner split. Now that I’d believe. :wacko:

Kajun

I shouldn't tell this but its a true story.

Ya gotta let TN Williams tell you about the time he pulled up to the DQ window and

their employees started laughing at him......  he was eating an Ice Cream he had just

gotten from McDonalds and had to stop at the DQ because the McD's ice cream was

almost gone..... :lol:

..........Widder

8 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

Widder this was  my special steoger,   Hint it doesn't have two barrels

Sounds like YOU must have some of those special bionics implanted like Billy The Avenger.

He's been known to make a single barrel sing.

..........Widder

16 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I shouldn't tell this but its a true story.

Ya gotta let TN Williams tell you about the time he pulled up to the DQ window and

their employees started laughing at him......  he was eating an Ice Cream he had just

gotten from McDonalds and had to stop at the DQ because the McD's ice cream was

almost gone..... :lol:

..........Widder

That is a true story. BUT, it was done as a purely scientific experiment to see who had the best ice cream.:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

That is a true story. BUT, it was done as a purely scientific experiment to see who had the best ice cream.:ph34r:

Well, are you gonna share the results OR, are you still testing?   :lol:

..........Widder

9 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If I can find a Pink cowboy shirt, will that suffice?    

I might have to saddle up ole Sadie (my horse) and head up to Pigeon Forge to 'Stages West' and

try to get me a Pink shirt, maybe one of them with all the Rhinestones, etc.....

I hope The Enchantress don't mind ole Widder dressing up like a Saturday night Pimp on Thursday.

..........Widder

Widder

Pink is Fine but for Rhinestones I will add another $50 to make it a Even $100.   

Blue Eyed Drifter

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Sounds like YOU must have some of those special bionics implanted like Billy The Avenger.

He's been known to make a single barrel sing.

..........Widder

I've been known to shoot a single shot.. even won a few matches with one this year. 

14 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

DQ has the best soft serve. Mcdonalds has a cone for a buck. That's hard to beat. 

Home made still rules for me

11 hours ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

Widder

Pink is Fine but for Rhinestones I will add another $50 to make it a Even $100.   

Blue Eyed Drifter

Sorri Drifter.   I checked out Stages West today and found NOTHING which would be considered

a pink cowboy shirt.

Heck, I even looked in the ladies section and they had nothing pink.

I might have to dye one of my shirts..... ;)

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Sorri Drifter.   I checked out Stages West today and found NOTHING which would be considered

a pink cowboy shirt.

Heck, I even looked in the ladies section and they had nothing pink.

I might have to dye one of my shirts..... ;)

..........Widder

Rit dye is how I got mine.

Randy

13 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

In addition to the speed rimfire rifle and speed shotgun side matches, we will also have speed pistol, speed pocket pistol, speed derringer, and cut the rope. @Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 what all am I forgetting?

Speed Rifle, Speed 4 Gun and if you want to slow down and aim, Long Range Pistol, Pistol Caliber Rifle and Rifle Caliber Rifle.  Don't forget the Shoot-Off anyone can enter with Categories for Traditional, Gunfighter and Duelist. Chili Cook-Off Thursday night, Dinner on the range Friday night with Side Match Awards and some Rheumatism Medicine.  Saturday Night Awards Banquet at Bell Buckle Cafe Banquet Hall and in between all this we'll shoot 12 stages and hopefully collect a lot of money for the American Cancer Society.

Randy 

On 9/24/2019 at 9:16 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

Well you boys seem to have the 97 competition covered, lets bump this one up a notch

Lets move up to Randy St Eagles stage. We are cutting a rope/string.

So here is how it will go. Anyone who can cut the rope Outlaw style, I will toss in a C note. 

From the draw, from the hip. Don't care how many time you try. From the holster, draw, shoot, re-holster draw, shoot. Cut the rope and Tombstone is out a C note.

Elbow bent, no sights. I have only done it once in "many a many". Would love to give it up to know it was done again.

Randy will keep you honest or as honest as an Outlaw can me.

This should send a couple dozen Pards out to the practice range and get their bearings right for

verticle/horizontal positioning of their pistols and somebody WILL pop that rope.  

Not only will Tombstone have to dish out a C-note, but somebody is gonna earn some mighty

big 'bragging' rights.   Cutting the rope,  Outlaw style,  would just about levitate a Pard

to 'Legend' status, pertnear equal to Wyatt, Doc, etc...

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Speed Rifle, Speed 4 Gun and if you want to slow down and aim, Long Range Pistol, Pistol Caliber Rifle and Rifle Caliber Rifle.  Don't forget the Shoot-Off anyone can enter with Categories for Traditional, Gunfighter and Duelist. Chili Cook-Off Thursday night, Dinner on the range Friday night with Side Match Awards and some Rheumatism Medicine.  Saturday Night Awards Banquet at Bell Buckle Cafe Banquet Hall and in between all this we'll shoot 12 stages and hopefully collect a lot of money for the American Cancer Society.

Randy 

I knew I was forgetting a whole heap of stuff! There's something for everybody!

11 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I knew I was forgetting a whole heap of stuff! There's something for everybody!

And Don't Forget to Wear your Pink !!!  Awesome awards for Pinkist Cowboy and Cowgirl.  and that goes for T.W. as well.   I am Counting on Widder to set the Bar High.

Blue Eyed Drifter

I guess for Thursday, I could wear a regular Pink shirt, and hi-light it with a nice bright purple hanky around

my neck.

I got a new hat, but its black.   

Maybe I could dye my grey hair with a pink color for Thursday.   hmmmmmmm!

..........Widder

8 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I guess for Thursday, I could wear a regular Pink shirt, and hi-light it with a nice bright purple hanky around

my neck.

I got a new hat, but its black.   

Maybe I could dye my grey hair with a pink color for Thursday.   hmmmmmmm!

..........Widder

The Shirt and the Hanky will be Just Fine !!   Besides if Lefty finds out your dying your Hair, Lord knows what he will dress Like.  Although I do have a Pink pair of grips for my Six Guns.  

:FlagAm:I have the alarm set for 2:00 AM this Saturday morning.  Hope to be on the road by 4:00 AM.  Eleven hour drive from Mesa, (Phoenix), to a rest stop forty miles past Pecos, TX.  We loose two hours first day due to going through two time zone changes.  Same time next morning, eleven hours to a rest stop outside Texarkana, Arkansas.  Third day, same time, about nine hours to the range.  Should be there around 3:00 PM.  on Monday.  This will be our seventh consecutive year.

Chomping at the bit.  It will be great seeing everyone again.

Chas:)

56 minutes ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

:FlagAm:I have the alarm set for 2:00 AM this Saturday morning.  Hope to be on the road by 4:00 AM.  Eleven hour drive from Mesa, (Phoenix), to a rest stop forty miles past Pecos, TX.  We loose two hours first day due to going through two time zone changes.  Same time next morning, eleven hours to a rest stop outside Texarkana, Arkansas.  Third day, same time, about nine hours to the range.  Should be there around 3:00 PM.  on Monday.  This will be our seventh consecutive year.

CHAS,

if I read your timeline correctly, you will arrive in TN on Sep 30th, about 9 days before the match starts.

?

..........Widder

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

CHAS,

if I read your timeline correctly, you will arrive in TN on Sep 30th, about 9 days before the match starts.

?

..........Widder

:FlagAm:You are correct sir!  Gives us time to unwind from the drive.  Set up camp.  Decorate the pavilion with chili lights for the cook off.  Visit.  GO TOO LYNCHBURG!!!!!  Maybe some plinking.  Shoot the workers match weekend before main match.  Go grocery shopping for us and Vendor Appreciation Dinner.  Help out where needed during the match, etc.  Oh, and maybe a wee spot of adult libation every once in a while.  And maybe some kick back time reading a western or two.  Also bringing two new puppies, Cody and Kattie.  Took them over to Silver City, NM a few weeks ago to shoot with the Gila Rangers as a trial run so to speak.  They are barely six months old.  Very protective of truck and trailer but outside just want pets and hugs.  Neither one was bothered by gunfire at all.  Have to work on sociallization with other dogs.  A little concerned about the Border Patrol Checkpoint we go through the first day in Texas.  The two of them wanting to eat the officers will not make the best of impressions.  Come to think of it, we might not make it back!

Again, looking forward to being there and seeing everyone again.

Chas:D 

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

Chas

are you sure 9 days is enough?   Looking forward to meeting you.

Blue Eyed Drifter

:FlagAm:You will not miss the encampment.  Just think of an icon of Arizona.  

ChasB) 

6 hours ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

Have a safe trip and I'll see y'all at the range.

Randy

5 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Have a safe trip and I'll see y'all at the range.

Randy

:FlagAm:Looking forward to seeing you also.  Bring a big appetite to the Vendor Appreciation Dinner.  Vendor count and club officer count total is 34.

Chas;)

Archived