SASS Wire Forum

More Wal-Mart

Subdeacon Joe

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Try to spend a $2.00 bill at one.  I had one low level assistant manager was going to call the cops on me.  His manager saved the day because I was about to have some fun with that.

I wonder what they would do if I tried to spend one of my Golden Dollars.

14 hours ago, punxsutawneypete said:

I wonder what they would do if I tried to spend one of my Golden Dollars.

I bought twenty of them at the bank and a guy at the next window looked over, then asked the teller if they were legal tender.  He ended up buying some for his grand kids.  I haven't had a problem with them.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I bought twenty of them at the bank and a guy at the next window looked over, then asked the teller if they were legal tender.  He ended up buying some for his grand kids.  I haven't had a problem with them.

I always like to use a couple on the rare occasion I use a fast food joint. :D

I bet you guys used to enjoy taunting dogs with sticks poked between the pickets in a fence.  B)

But I am guilty of the same pleasure.  My thing is paying more than the receipt total in order to avoid getting coins in my change.  Geez the 'deer-in-the-headlights' looks I get...  But I only do it when nobody is behind me; don't want to hold up another customer.

7 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm quite well known in a number of American Legion  and VFW lounges as the guy with the gold dollars in the Crown Royal bag.  Some of the serving people tell me that they save them for their children or grandchildren.

I was in church one day and I had a bunch of very shiny golden dollars in my hand to put in the collection plate.  The ceiling lights were gleaming off the coins and a gentleman from the next section of seats, during the offering, came over to me and ask if he could buy some from me.  I told him, "Sure, I have some more ."  I put the coins in my hand in the collection plate and traded him paper money for some of the other golden dollars I had in my Crown Royal bag.  

Coins are works of art to me.  The story is in my mother's family that back in the 1830's when they moved from above Reading, PA out to western PA they bought their new farms with silver money in bushel baskets.  Supposedly they hid the money under the vegetables.   I guess it's in the DNA now.

Archived