SASS Wire Forum

ANTIQUE Pistol SOLD pending gold shipment

Happy Appy

This  has been in my personal collection for years.  At my age with no one to leave this to out they go.  This was brought back from Europe in 44 after WWll on the barrel I can see extra-garanti don’t know what that means.  $325 shipping included 

2CF9B73A-165D-4792-BFC7-FC13FB163537.jpeg

55694F45-F25B-4C48-AB25-5ACA9E40B3DB.jpeg

BF8F732F-0913-4ECD-89F5-1754D5538D10.jpeg

CD5B2354-AFB4-4A5E-8633-AF712FC6B03B.jpeg

930E2A74-7823-471C-977C-D2E85F3A49D0.jpeg

1C0ED8F5-FECC-44D0-8D41-6D2D38320F29.jpeg

0D945A02-F3C7-47A3-ABA1-3EFFFA53583B.jpeg

Howdy, Happy,

Strange old guns are soooo cool. If I hadn't already exceeded my pocketbook this summer, it would be mine.

After searching and guessing, I found that this is a Velodog Extra-Garanti Revolver.

Here's a lot of info:

http://www.velodogs.com/

Probably from Liege, Belgium, pre-1900. Liege had a big gun industry back then, and for many years afterward. Another neat topic to research.

Keep you powder dry!

Brazos John

Wow! I went to the Velodog website posted by Brazos John and was fascinated by the information and history. I think you should post a picture with a quarter near the gun to show its size. I was surprised how small some of these were. One photo shows it fitting in the palm of the hand. They were originally meant to be carried by bicyclist for protection - hence the name velo.

Red it is small never thought about what u just said u may notice it is a right hand gun with the safety on the left side

tried t send a PM, but system said you cannot get PMs.

Ive been drooling over your antique pistol  I just like these old guns!  Is that one actually chambered in 22, or is the the 5mm Velodog cartridge?  Have you ever shot it?

Hoss I've never shot it and I'm not sure about what it will take.  After looking what they say about this after John put me on to where they were produced.  Liege, Belgium before the turn of the century Stubbs says he still shoots his.  When I went to their web site someone had a sale for twice what I've got on mine, maybe I'm not asking enough.  LOL

Steeley it is yours so I'll need your info like address.  Send the gold to Jerry McDaniel  251  CR 613  Kirbyville, Tx  75956

Archived