SASS Wire Forum

WWII lectures

I signed up for a Hillsdale college lecture series on WWII. So the lectures have started and all I can say is WOW! I thought I had sort of a general understanding of the war but I was wrong. The first was on the air war and the second on the naval. I will be watching each again, especially the naval as it seemed to have much further reaching implications. My wife asked me what I had learned and all I could do was shake my head say it was too complex for me to even attempt to summarize.

9 minutes ago, Charlie Plasters, SASS#60943 said:

I signed up for a Hillsdale college lecture series on WWII. So the lectures have started and all I can say is WOW! I thought I had sort of a general understanding of the war but I was wrong. The first was on the air war and the second on the naval. I will be watching each again, especially the naval as it seemed to have much further reaching implications. My wife asked me what I had learned and all I could do was shake my head say it was too complex for me to even attempt to summarize.

No quiz at the end?

It was a very complex conflict. Much more so that what we were taught in school and John Wayne movies. The allied coalition had tremendous problems, especially during the first few years of the US involvement.

Fortunately, the good guys won.

Archived