SASS Wire Forum

NRA Statement on Walmart's Decision to Change Firearms Policy

Charlie T Waite

Fairfax, Va.— The National Rifle Association released the following statement today regarding Walmart's decision to change its firearms and ammunition policies:

"The strongest defense of freedom has always been our free-market economy. It is shameful to see Walmart succumb to the pressure of the anti-gun elites. Lines at Walmart will soon be replaced by lines at other retailers who are more supportive of America’s fundamental freedoms. The truth is Walmart’s actions today will not make us any safer. Rather than place the blame on the criminal, Walmart has chosen to victimize law-abiding Americans. Our leaders must be willing to approach the problems of crime, violence and mental health with sincerity and honesty."

Our local paper had the gall to print an editorial to the announcement saying it "wouldn't matter as the NRA hands out guns in a "Cracker Jacks" box"

7 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Lines at Walmart will soon be replaced by lines at other retailers who are more supportive of America’s fundamental freedoms.

I wish they hadn't made this empty threat.  I don't anticipate that Walmart is going to see a significant (or even noticible) drop in sales as a result of this decision.   Which will make the NRA look impotent.

Speaking for myself - I didn't shop at Walmart in the first place, so I can't personally impact them (other than by continuing not to shop there).

But am I going to start buying my food and clothing (and whatever else one would buy at Walmart) only at places that also sell ammo?  No.  I don't know of a decent combination grocery and gun shop.

Archived