SASS Wire Forum

Four Aces, SASS #1111 - Life Membership Raffle WINNER!

Misty Moonshine

Huge Congratulations to Joshua Falks of Gonzales, Texas (the member who will be formerly known as Voodoo Jack, SASS #107032- WINNER of the Four Aces, SASS #1111 Life Membership Scholarship Raffle! 

Also- a huge thank you to all who supported this raffle- we raised over $2000 for the SASS Scholarship Foundation! And- of course- special thanks to Griff. :) 

Misty Moonshine

Congratulations Joshua.  I hope you consider keeping the "4 Aces" alias, as it and that number just BELONG together.   Now, when someone sez, "...no, what's your SASS #... should be 5 numbers...", you can do like I do, tell 'em to... "put zeros in front until you get the right number."

11 hours ago, Griff said:

Congratulations Joshua.  I hope you consider keeping the "4 Aces" alias, as it and that number just BELONG together.   Now, when someone sez, "...no, what's your SASS #... should be 5 numbers...", you can do like I do, tell 'em to... "put zeros in front until you get the right number."

It's funny ...

But I still think you've just thrown the meaningfulness of the membership number completely out the window.

You and others see it as no biggie, I do.

But at least I know that you respect the fact that folks can have an honest difference of opinions.

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

It's funny ...

But I still think you've just thrown the meaningfulness of the membership number completely out the window.

You and others see it as no biggie, I do.

But at least I know that you respect the fact that folks can have an honest difference of opinions.

Phantom, 

I can certainly appreciate your view point on this- our SASS #'s have meaning and have become a moniker for our time in SASS. I was offered/gifted a lower number about 8 years ago. I took it over for awhile, but it just felt wrong. So, after just a few months, I switched back to my original #83232- with pride. :) 

However, I need to point out that this is far from the first time a new(er) member took over a lower number. This practice has been going on since the beginning of SASS. Some folks take over a deceased parent's SASS number as a way to honor them, etc. There are numerous folks that have much lower numbers than the number they were issued originally. For example- Justice Lily Kate- her original SASS # was somewhere in the 38000's. But the Judge gifted her with 1000... (fun story about who/what SASS #1000 belonged to before Katie- ask the Judge or Kate to tell ya!)... another example, Coyote Calhoun- his original number wasn't 201- it was in fact, much higher. 

So, as you see- this is far from the first time- and the practice has had no real effect on the perception of SASS numbers within the organization. I applaud Griff's generosity during a very difficult time- and this was for a great cause. 

Misty

talking about SASS numbers...

my first badge number was 0105 (it was silver)

my second badge number was 0711 (it was gold)

my SASS badge is 105711 (silver)

im not giving up my SASS#... a life membership and a gold badge for $5 would have been nice though...lol...

8 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Phantom, 

I can certainly appreciate your view point on this- our SASS #'s have meaning and have become a moniker for our time in SASS. I was offered/gifted a lower number about 8 years ago. I took it over for awhile, but it just felt wrong. So, after just a few months, I switched back to my original #83232- with pride. :) 

However, I need to point out that this is far from the first time a new(er) member took over a lower number. This practice has been going on since the beginning of SASS. Some folks take over a deceased parent's SASS number as a way to honor them, etc. There are numerous folks that have much lower numbers than the number they were issued originally. For example- Justice Lily Kate- her original SASS # was somewhere in the 38000's. But the Judge gifted her with 1000... (fun story about who/what SASS #1000 belonged to before Katie- ask the Judge or Kate to tell ya!)... another example, Coyote Calhoun- his original number wasn't 201- it was in fact, much higher. 

So, as you see- this is far from the first time- and the practice has had no real effect on the perception of SASS numbers within the organization. I applaud Griff's generosity during a very difficult time- and this was for a great cause. 

Misty

Hi Misty,

You know...yer right.

Should have recalled this...but I didn't. Guess I let the initial thought that I had regarding the SASS number's meaning take complete control over my position.

This isn't a brown-nose comment...cuz  you know I don't do that very well, but thanks for reminding me how numbers can jump around a bit and sometimes for a good reason/cause.

Griff...sorry for being a thorn.

Phantom

2 hours ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Phantom, 

Misty

Misty... I was thinking about the exact two examples that your mentioned, with Lamar and Kate. I remember razzing him about it the day it took place. I told him he didn't look any older to me. Somewhere I even have a photo of me with the original SASS #1000. Kate is a lot better looking, and has much more personality. 

Snakebite

Archived