SASS Wire Forum

Walmart to stop selling handgun, .223 ammo

Sixgun Sheridan

Looks like it's time to buy all of my ammo online from now on. :angry:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/business/walmart-ends-handgun-ammo-sales/index.html

I stopped buying from Cabelas because they got too darned expensive but was still finding good deals at Wally World. Not anymore, I guess.

Well, this will stop...

...nothing.

No reason at all to shop WM any longer.

1 minute ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Looks like it's time to buy all of my ammo online from now on. :angry:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/business/walmart-ends-handgun-ammo-sales/index.html

I stopped buying from Cabelas because they got too darned expensive but was still finding good deals at Wally World. Not anymore, I guess.

www.targetsportsusa.com

www.outdoorlimited.com

www.georgia-arms.com

Just a few ammo retailers to support.

The anti-gunners are trying to shame all chain stores into no longer selling guns and ammo. Once they finish succeeding they'll be after all the mom n' pop stores and pro shops next. Your favorite local gun shop won't be able to stay in business if a bunch of David Hogg types start protesting outside and blocking the entrances.

I stopped going to Wallyworld when they made the age 21 to buy ammo and rifles. %$#^ WalMart!

43 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Sickening. Criminal unconnected to WM chooses a Walmart as the scene of his crime, uses a rifle not bought at Walmart and of a type not sold there for years, so they stop handgun ammo sales?

Say what?

Exactly.

Walmart is a voluntary victim in this.

Shame on them.

Walmart is not going to sell .223 or 5.56 ammo because that's what AR's use.

Ooooooooh kaaaaaaay...

Let's hope the idiot  in charge does not figure out other calibers can, have, and do kill people.

AR's are available in about 15 different calibers. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't no one tell Walmart!

Walmart NOT selling handgun ammunition disenfranchises ANYONE who legally carries a handgun for personal protection.  Wow. To hell with citizens, I guess.

The reason why Walmart, Dicks and others can get away with this is because guns and ammunition comprise a very small fraction of their in-store sales. We've all shared stories of how going to the gun counter at Walmart means standing there for 20+ minutes while they try and find someone with the key. But there's certainly no shortage of employees at the deli counter or in electronics, so that tells you where most of their business is.

A year from now when they find out that hunters only drop in to buy ammo once or twice a year they'll get out of selling guns & ammo entirely, just like Dicks did.

I stopped by Walmart to buy some 22LR before they clear out the shelves.

My standard non-expired drivers license (issued August of 1967) is no longer valid.
I was told I need to present a US passport and certified birth certificate, along with a bill, etc showing my residency matching my driver's license.

Apparently they will no longer sell unless you present a CA "real" license ($36) with some bear emblem in the corner to differentiate mine from licenses given to illegals.

I presented my CA DOJ firearm safety card, and he was a jerk telling me that DOJ doesn't care about that.
The heck they don't.

My country is dying under communism, and it is just getting ramped up now.

3 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

www.targetsportsusa.com

www.outdoorlimited.com

www.georgia-arms.com

Just a few ammo retailers to support.

Don’t forget your local gun shops! 

My local gun shops are all hideously overpriced. $11 for a 20-round box of .223, $12 for 50 rounds of 9mm FMJ, and $21 for .45ACP. I was spoiled getting ammo from Wally World for about the same price as online sellers. Now I'll have to buy it online, in bulk, and wait a week.

5 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

My local gun shops are all hideously overpriced. $11 for a 20-round box of .223, $12 for 50 rounds of 9mm FMJ, and $21 for .45ACP. I was spoiled getting ammo from Wally World for about the same price as online sellers. Now I'll have to buy it online, in bulk, and wait a week.

The LGS around here are a little more than WallyWorld but not that much. Plus I’d rather pay more and support a mom and pop operation. Don’t forget the small gun shop owners also pay more for ammo than the huge stores .

I don’t wanna say I told ya so.

So I won’t

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

... if a bunch of David Hogg types start protesting outside and blocking the entrances.

That would want to make me go there even more!!!:ph34r:

I get my practice 9mm there but they don’t carry the SD ammo I use. I get it at the lgs or on line. I guess I’ll have to get some 9mm dies. I sold em years ago. The 223 I reload but I have a large stockpile.

And will they still sell 7.62x39 ammo? Or wait until some nut job uses an ak?

Now the big question is when will they curtail on line ammo sales? :angry:

Walmart can kiss my...grits. 

The two near me won’t sell any ammo. They aren’t set up for CA ammo background checks. Screw em!

I hardly buy anything there anyway. Amazon has everything that I need that Walmart sells and I don’t have to put up with idiots, morons and buttheads.

Amazon has it’s problems but at least I don’t have to go there to get anything. 

The Wally World stores around here in Ottawa Canada stopped selling ammo some time ago.

Some even stopped selling hunting paraphernalia as well, which is good for the smaller hunting and fishing stores.

The local Cabelas ans SAIL stores haven't been hit with political correctness.....................................Yet. 

2 hours ago, bgavin said:

I stopped by Walmart to buy some 22LR before they clear out the shelves.

My standard non-expired drivers license (issued August of 1967) is no longer valid.
I was told I need to present a US passport and certified birth certificate, along with a bill, etc showing my residency matching my driver's license.

Apparently they will no longer sell unless you present a CA "real" license ($36) with some bear emblem in the corner to differentiate mine from licenses given to illegals.

I presented my CA DOJ firearm safety card, and he was a jerk telling me that DOJ doesn't care about that.
The heck they don't.

My country is dying under communism, and it is just getting ramped up now.

Does your DL have the 'Federal limits' in the upper right corner?

OLG

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The LGS around here are a little more than WallyWorld but not that much. Plus I’d rather pay more and support a mom and pop operation. Don’t forget the small gun shop owners also pay more for ammo than the huge stores .

Been doing that in Columbus Tx for months now. Guns, ammo, anything. No need to support big ones. 

53 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Does your DL have the 'Federal limits' in the upper right corner?

OLG

No.
Mine is the regular license that was first issued to me in 1967.
I understand there is a "bear" or some graphic on the "real" license, which I am due to obtain when mine expires in November.

Wonder when Wal-Mart will cave into the M.A.D.D. folks and stop selling alcohol? Or remove all food because it might be a problem to someone somewhere for something....

I demand that they stop selling cell phones....look how many people are killed every day-month-year because some one was texting.....If it only saves ONE life it is worth it isn't it?

Bugler

7 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The anti-gunners are trying to shame all chain stores into no longer selling guns and ammo. Once they finish succeeding they'll be after all the mom n' pop stores and pro shops next. Your favorite local gun shop won't be able to stay in business if a bunch of David Hogg types start protesting outside and blocking the entrances.

I used to get prescriptions at the CVS drugstore in the next town.  The magazine rack would carry the special edition magazines on military surplus guns.  That has now disappeared.  

Oregon Senate Bill 501 earlier this year was calling for a maximum receipt of no more than 20 rounds in any 30 day period, a background check, and detailed record keeping to ensure no one could get their hands on more than 20 rounds a month... 240 rounds a year. I don't remember it stating whether this would apply to shotshells or not.

You would only be able to shoot two 6 stage matches a year.

After the ammo retailers are all gone, they'll go after the reloaders - licensing, book keeping, usage, etc.

5 hours ago, bgavin said:

No.
Mine is the regular license that was first issued to me in 1967.
I understand there is a "bear" or some graphic on the "real" license, which I am due to obtain when mine expires in November.

Then as per our DOJ, you are good for ammo and gun buy'n.

I too had the unmarked DL.

I bought a bunch of .22 ammo at my WM in west PMD with mine, just after the new ammo law went into effect.

I do now have the 'real ID'.

You have to go to DMV with extra documents to get the 'real ID'.:rolleyes:

OLG

14 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

This exactly.

There is a LGS within 2 miles from the nearest WM and even though anyone can practically walk between the two stores to price check ammo, the mom and pop store gouges on prices and yet says their prices are as good as WM's.

WTH?

Around me, WM had 9mm  for $8/box of 50 115 FMJ. Everyone else sells it for $3.50/box higher at least.

I'd go broke buying ammo locally w/o WM. Online saves big $ for me.

I'll still buy firearms locally (except from Cabelas/BassPro).

12 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Oregon Senate Bill 501 earlier this year was calling for a maximum receipt of no more than 20 rounds in any 30 day period, a background check, and detailed record keeping to ensure no one could get their hands on more than 20 rounds a month... 240 rounds a year. I don't remember it stating whether this would apply to shotshells or not.

You would only be able to shoot two 6 stage matches a year.

That just proves how out of touch the gun banners are. I shoot at least 200 rounds every weekend when I go to the range!

Archived