SASS Wire Forum

Long Gun Cases

Moonshine 20515

Hello the fire ..

I'm looking for long gun cases that don't look like gun cases. Seems to me there was a thread here abouts on this subject back a few years. Any of you Pards recall any of this?  Or do you have any recommendations.

Thanks,

MS

I have 2 AR's in a coffin shaped guitar case.

20 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Put stickers from keyboard manufacturers on the outside of the case. 

Band logos also help. 

Or slap a couple of these on the side:

hillary_clinton_for_president_2016_bumpe

20 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Or slap a couple of these on the side:

hillary_clinton_for_president_2016_bumpe

He wants to make it through the range parking lot without someone taking a shot at him, I am sure. :D

Just now, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

He wants to make it through the range parking lot without someone taking a shot at him, I am sure. :D

We're not the violent ones, unlike Antifa, liberals in general, a lot of Democraps, etc. You know, the ones that have TDS and go insane at the sight of a MAGA hat and try to start fights.

If we were the violent ones those aforementioned groups wouldn't exist.

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

We're not the violent ones, unlike Antifa, liberals in general, a lot of Democraps, etc. You know, the ones that have TDS and go insane at the sight of a MAGA hat and try to start fights.

True...I meant a verbal shot...I should have been clearer. 

Just got back from Goodwill picked up SKB hard case golf club travel case. Life time warranty it is airline approved and it has Wheels. 

After 25% off it came to $9.42 . Thinking it will hold 4 long guns in soft cases and many pistols. Its 48"×12"×11"

Soon as I get someone to get the soft cases out of the attic I'll have a better idea what it will hold.  Did I mention it was $9.42 !

Thanks for all the recommendations..    The golf bag thing would work, but just my luck when I come swingin into a hotel some dude will want to talk golf.  There are many things I don't know much about, Pasture pool being one of them. That Hillary sticker thing would get some serious side looks around these parts. The golf club hard case might need some lookin into.

Somehow I was under the impression there was a luggage type container available big enough to transport long guns in without attracting attention. While I generally don't pay much attention to this stuff, the times are a changing and the less noticeable we are the better. To many nuts out there.

MS

I used a golf bag for last years state match, when I was taking a whole bunch of guns.  This year I built a coffin shape box.  Attached wheels and handles to it so it can be moved like a dolly.

Here is a sturdy case at a very reasonable price. 

Plano Double Scoped Rifle Case w/Wheels https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029KDHQI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_i86BDbJJD03M3

Slap a couple of these on it and when asked you can make up your own story. 

Fragile Vinyl Sticker: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01064605S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Ik7BDb50BY0KZ

- They’re sensitive electronics. 

- It’s machine tools. 

- My collection of crystal bobble heads. :D

16 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

But they only start fights when they have numbers on their side.  And melee weapons.  And they are wearing masks.

Golf bag works. Don’t worry about a duffer striking up a conversation. You may be overthinking this.

The trouble with the golf bag is the bulk. Also, didn’t that dirtbag in Las Vegas transport all his guns in golf bags?

I can see that red flag BS coming in to play...

”Hello 911, I am at blah-blah hotel and some guy here has a golf bag. I think it’s full of guns. I asked him about his handicap and his favorite course and he had no idea what I am talking about. I’m skeered and I need my mommy, please help.”

A hard case to put a golf bag and contents is made for traveling with clubs.  You'd have to do some mods to it to make it fit for long guns.  I'm sure they sell these on-line.  Looks like and has molded into the case some kind of golf logo.  Golf bags are heavy so there will be no noticeable difference.

I took a briefcase, padded it and use it to transport pistols.  It locks and looks inconspicuous.  I prefer the American Tourister plastic cases.  I've not done it but a woman's makeup case would work as well as a small hard sided suitcase.

Depends how you plan to use it. And what guns you plan to carry. 1873 24 inch barrel or shotgun 30 inch barrel - probably just going to have to settle for a long gun case - I like hard sided. Coach shotgun - a lot of possibilities can break it down and go into regular luggage or even some large backpacks. Pistols you can use most anything. Get a AR15 pistol with a 8 to 9 inch barrel in 300 Blackout (because 300 Blackout works in short barrels) put on a law tactical folder that allows the buffer tube to fold and add an arm brace and you have essentially a rifle that you can fold and put in a regular backpack, about 19 inches. 

Wooden coffins also make for a stealth gun case, though then ya have to explain why you're carrying a coffin around with ya. 

If you frequent the musician and garage band forums they are starting to discover that hard sided gun cases are 1/2 the cost of cases sold as keyboard cases. 

SKB makes firearm as well as keyboard cases. Only difference in a lot of them is the foam insert.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:31 PM, Moonshine 20515 said:

Thanks for all the recommendations..    The golf bag thing would work, but just my luck when I come swingin into a hotel some dude will want to talk golf.  There are many things I don't know much about, Pasture pool being one of them. That Hillary sticker thing would get some serious side looks around these parts. The golf club hard case might need some lookin into.

Somehow I was under the impression there was a luggage type container available big enough to transport long guns in without attracting attention. While I generally don't pay much attention to this stuff, the times are a changing and the less noticeable we are the better. To many nuts out there.

MS

I carry my fencing gear in a hard-side SKB case like the one below.  Fencing stickers all over the outside.  Still manage to always have someone strike up a golf conversation at the airport.  I just look at them and say, "No, that's my fencing gear".  That normally stops the conversation after a few moments hesitation.  No matter what you do, it's going to get notice.  You still have to declare the firearms and prove them empty, so they are going to come out at the counter anyway, in some shape or form.

https://www.amazon.com/SKB-2SKB-4814W-Deluxe-Golf-Travel/dp/B000A13PGA/ref=asc_df_B000A13PGA/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583657822038704&psc=1

This is the SKB I bought at Goodwill for $9.72.

Picture shows 2 rifle cases and 2 pistol cases. There's room for 2 more of each. Wheels and metal locks.

I went to the Goodwill store in the retirement community in Sun City Az. It has lots of golfers and x golfers. Boy did I get lucky!

20190905_153814.jpg

20190905_153047.jpg

Archived