SASS Wire Forum

Walmart / Sam's club

Hells Comin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't stop anything.  Bad people are going to do bad things no matter what.  At some level I can understand the open carry might scare some uninformed people, but how can not selling ammo do any good?  On the plus side maybe they'll have a good sale.

90 % of mass shootings happen in gun free zones. I would never carry my gun open, makes u the first target. I  carry in gun free zones and no one would ever know it unless I had to use it !

I can't see a 80 year old greeters stopping anyone carrying a gun!

I had hoped that it wouldn’t come to this. For all the derision we’ve heaped on Wally World, they’ve mostly been a good friend to shooters.  My letter in protest will likely do little to change their minds, but thousands of letters might hit a nerve!

I don't like shopping at Wal Mart anyway...just another reason NOT to shop at Wal Mart.

Part of me is laughing...

For all those folks that buy online...and put the "little" guy outta biz. For all they'll have is the "big" guys to do their transfers...until "Corporate" decides on a store policy change.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Dang... I buy my estate shotgun shells there.. I guess I'll have to pay more at the lgs...

According to their statement it shouldn't affect SG ammo.

Just now, Yusta B. said:

According to their statement it shouldn't affect SG ammo.

I'm just going to boycott then altogether... As I do Dick's, gander, Chipotle, Panera bread, etc... I don't shop anywhere that wants to make me a defenseless victim... 

13 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Dang... I buy my estate shotgun shells there.. I guess I'll have to pay more at the lgs...

So supporting the LGS is a bad thing?

I’d rather pay a little more and support the 4 gun shops I am lucky to have within 10 miles of me. I stopped going to WallyWorld when they upped the age of ammo sales to 21. Of course that doesn’t affect me but it’s just the point that they caved to the anti gun crowd! An 18 year old can put his life on the line for us but can’t buy a .22 rifle or ammo? :angry:

I am shocked at this announcement!! What a stunning moment in time!!

Finally someone did SOMETHING.......This will send a very loud message to the mass killers...whatever will they do now? The jig is up now!!

Randy

PS. Sarcasm intended..

There are 2 things I don't mind spending a little extra on, buying things Made in the USA and supporting the Mom and Pop stores near me.  To me if you don't support them they won't be there for you.

4 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

So supporting the LGS is a bad thing?

Not at all, lgs in this area just don't have what I want. If I was hunting, I'd have choices.

I DO use them, just not for everything.

Walmart...shame on you.

10 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Well here's a diversion.

Why open carry?

Because it will make someone feel "unsafe" and they will have to run off to a "safe" place and Walmart doesn"t want to have to provide it

4 minutes ago, Mad Dog Jack, SASS #77862 said:

Because it will make someone feel "unsafe" and they will have to run off to a "safe" place and Walmart doesn"t want to have to provide it

I have no idea what this means.

Care to spell it out so that a simpleton like me can understand?

14 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I have no idea what this means.

Care to spell it out so that a simpleton like me can understand?

I guess you’ve been away from home too long Phantom. 

California got its open carry outlawed by a group of idiots pushing the issue. 

We do have a high population of people that panic if they see a gun.

im all for concealed carry. I don’t see the need to advertise, not draw attention to ones self. I wish I could carry concealed legally but my county won’t hand out a CCW unless you donate to the sheriff’s reelection campaign. 

1 minute ago, Son of the Midnight Star said:

I guess you’ve been away from home too long Phantom. 

California got its open carry outlawed by a group of idiots pushing the issue. 

We we do have a high population of people that panic if they see a gun.

im all for concealed carry. I don’t see the need to advertise, not draw attention to ones self. 

Your response is no response to my question...

Perhaps my question should be read???

I’m sure my opinion counts for squat to Walmart, but I at least called their customer care center this evening after I read the entire Memo released by Walmart’s CEO. I was transferred to a supervisor in the State of. Texas. I very nicely explained to the supervisor on the phone my complaint regarding Walmart’s newest policy change on infringing on my rights to protect myself, family, and other shoppers should the need arise. Not selling rifle and handgun ammunition will not solve the mass shooting incidents, because the bad guys don’t follow the rules. As a matter of fact, Walmart’s CEO is so proud of his new gun and ammunition policies that he is willing to share his plan of Action with any other corporation or company that is interested in implementing these so called common sense measures. Why, this brilliant CEO is sending his ideas to the house, senate, and the POTUS. So Walmart is not the first, nor will they be the last large scale company to implement this policies. I will officially boycott Walmart on principle and the fact that I hate shopping in their stores to begin with, but this infringement of our constitutional rights did not start with Walmart and will not end with Walmart, unfortunately. Y’all have a good night!!

7 hours ago, Sweet & Sassy Cindy said:

I’m sure my opinion counts for squat to Walmart, but I at least called their customer care center this evening after I read the entire Memo released by Walmart’s CEO. I was transferred to a supervisor in the State of. Texas. I very nicely explained to the supervisor on the phone my complaint regarding Walmart’s newest policy change on infringing on my rights to protect myself, family, and other shoppers should the need arise. Not selling rifle and handgun ammunition will not solve the mass shooting incidents, because the bad guys don’t follow the rules. As a matter of fact, Walmart’s CEO is so proud of his new gun and ammunition policies that he is willing to share his plan of Action with any other corporation or company that is interested in implementing these so called common sense measures. Why, this brilliant CEO is sending his ideas to the house, senate, and the POTUS. So Walmart is not the first, nor will they be the last large scale company to implement this policies. I will officially boycott Walmart on principle and the fact that I hate shopping in their stores to begin with, but this infringement of our constitutional rights did not start with Walmart and will not end with Walmart, unfortunately. Y’all have a good night!!

I sent an email and basically told them the same thing you said. Everyone should flood WalMart with phone calls and emails, that's what the anti-gunners do!!

Archived