SASS Wire Forum

New Practice Products

Tequila Shooter

I'm sure most of you have seen this already but I thought that I'd post it just in case.

Uniqutek has .45 Colt and 12ga practice shells that use .22 caliber ammo here's the link:  Cowboy Action Products

I'm not endorsing this product, I've never used it but thought someone might be interested.

Interesting concept.  I see that the 12 ga units have a claimed accuracy of 3" to 5" at 75 feet, due I'm sure to the rifled bore in the adapter.  Not bad.  But the .45 Colt versions make no claim to accuracy, and they are smooth bore.  With the bore being offset from center as they are, I'm curious about their accuracy, and the thought of the .22 projectile bouncing off the bore of the revolver's barrel.

something that might be a bit more practical is six of the new lazer .38 cartridges .  The targets that are made to go with these look very interesting also!   Im sure that a prettier model could have been found to make the video bit anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdZ9N8YdpaI 

4 minutes ago, Slowhand Bob, 24229 said:

something that might be a bit more practical is six of the new lazer .38 cartridges .  The targets that are made to go with these look very interesting also!   Im sure that a prettier model could have been found to make the video bit anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdZ9N8YdpaI 

I've looked at those myself...but they get a little cost prohibitive (unless I'm missing a cheaper option) - they're really designed around a semi-automatic pistol, meaning you only need one cartridge.  For practicing with two revolvers, you'd need twelve.  And i'm not sure how they'd stand up to being cycled through a lever action repeater constantly.

I know that at upwards of $50 a pop you might not like to take a file to one that is brand new but if you file the rim flat on one edge a .38 version it should then work fine in that rifle.  I have read where some of those Three Gun guys have invested fortunes on setting up elaborate indoor target ranges, fancy targets and all, just for airsoft training!  I am not sure if he is still around but one of the regular posters here had a pretty nice laser set up just for SASS, a few years back, that he described here??

Archived