SASS Wire Forum

Canceled Gun Raffles on Upswing, Leaving Fundraisers without Money for Youth Activities, Police Chaplain Program, Other Causes

Charlie T Waite

I belong to a fraternity who does employ a gun raffle as part of a large fund raising effort. For the last 6 years or so it has been very successful, this year was no different.

There are those within this organization who do not share the view that this group should host a gun raffle and proclaim there are better ways of raising money but none of them have offered any other ideas or fund raising solutions. Go figure. All talk, no walk. And they offer no help in the organization's attempt to fund raise because they remain butthurt over the raffle. I invite them to be a part of the success of this organization or leave post haste.

Hopefully this event remains popular and it IS EFFECTIVE and I hope the managing agency does not cave to any anti-gun outside pressure. We are located in a fairly red state and that helps.

The truth is, guns raffles are good for this type of fund raiser.

ALL the winners MUST obtain their raffle winnings firearm through an FFL transfer, by the way. No pass background check, no collect winning. Can't get more legal than that.

Similarly, those that have been running raffles for years are getting nervous about continuing them. Got a phone call last week from a guy whose club has been running gun raffles for their annual fundraiser for years. Asked me if I thought it was still okay to do this. I told him as long as the transfer of the gun went through an FFL, and any other state/local laws, they would be fine.

He replied he kinda knew it would, but all of the bad press about shootings was making some members have second thoughts.

2 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Similarly, those that have been running raffles for years are getting nervous about continuing them. Got a phone call last week from a guy whose club has been running gun raffles for their annual fundraiser for years. Asked me if I thought it was still okay to do this. I told him as long as the transfer of the gun went through an FFL, and any other state/local laws, they would be fine.

He replied he kinda knew it would, but all of the bad press about shootings was making some members have second thoughts.

Take a Ducks Unlimited event for example.

The left tells us the 2A was for hunting. Bla bla bla...

If a DU or (Pheasants Forever) event is raffling off hunting shotguns and they are afraid to do so due to perceived or real pressure from outside anti-gun groups for the hunting firearms the left says the Second is all about, then where is the consistency in truth from the left?

Oh wait...

Archived