SASS Wire Forum

Shooting in the Shade

Sedalia Dave

My first time attending Shooting in the Shade. Many thanks to the Mountain Valley Vigilantes for putting on an excellent match. Stages were fun and target distances were perfect.  

Got to shoot my first Professional Match. Three stages of fun challenging targets. I was wasn’t the fastest by a long shot but only had 4 misses.  :)

Yes indeed Dave, another fine SITS match.  I have attended numerous of these matches over last 20 years.  Thanks to Christmas Kid and a few others for getting them started and for those like Bulldog McGraw, Headstone Hunter, Rowdy Bob, and others for continuing to keep this great annual going.  Each year just seems to get better.  Great facility with excellent stages, target array, scenarios, pleasant mountain atmosphere, many sides,  excellent Sat nite banquet at downtown hotel, and much more.  Sassy and I have already booked room at Panther Valley for 2020.

Barry, I believe "Professional Match" is very similar to Wild Bunch and an additional old military rifle long range side.

2 hours ago, Barry Sloe said:

What is/defines a "Professional Match "?

BS 

Same as Wild Bunch but it allow calibers other than .45 ACP for your pistol, rifles smaller than .40 cal. and other models of pump  shotguns.

It is a great way to introduce people to Wild Bunch without them having to buy firearms they may not yet have.

Archived